Sign in to follow this  

How much should i pay?

Two months ago on my way to pick up my new to me 01 200, I stopped at a Kawi dealer to get some spark plugs.

They had a left over 05 sitting out front. A sales guy came out immediately and told me for 3500 we could load it up. I was tempted but was short around 1500. I thought this was a good deal.

It was "Cycle & Marine Land" in Port Huron. 3482 Lapeer Road, 810-937-3963. I only know this cause I kept a card in my wallet.

I was just looking it over and the sales man came out and the first thing he said was "3500 and we can load it up." I told him I was on my way to pick up a used kdx, he went back inside and didn't say anything else to me.

*EDIT* What part of Michigan are you from? I'm south of Detroit.

I would say that $3500 would be a good starting point for the simple fact that new EPA laws no longer allow the KDX model to be produced after 2006.

Any models built prior to 2006 will be grandfather in, so supposably until the bikes die out you can still ride them up in the trails.

Last year I picked up a brand new leftover 2004 KDX220 in Utah OTD for $3500,

That was last year, Ill bet they would take less now

I got a 04' leftover in this year for 3300 OTD.

I would say for an 05' $3500 would be my cap. Keep in mind, if they have any previous years...go for it. The bike hasn't changed since 86' i believe and almost everything is compatible with the exception of plastics for some of the years in the 90's.

For a 2006, I paid 4000 out the door. I helped them take it out of the crate even though. And watched them go through everything. For a leftover 2005. Id say 3600 Tops. It really depends on how much you want the bike. And you will definately not be dissapointed.

Venom, the last big change was in 1995. Models since 1995 are very similar. $3,500 sounds great to me since they don't make them anymore. Such opportunites to buy are drying up.