new Hotcam installed

Just put in the new Hot cam Part #56-5033 and what a difference.Lost a little low end so the front wheel wont pull up like it used to by just snapping the throttle but after take off that sucker pulls hard through the midrange to high end very hard. Slip the clutch off the line and the ft wheel pulls up very predictably all the way to redline.:cheers: The cam for the xr 600 is the stage 2 after doing some research, so if anyone wants more mid to high power its the way to go. I like it better cuz when taking off hard originally that front wheel would shoot straight up and scare the hell out of me. Put 5k on it since new and could never get used to it.By the way its an 2006 xr650l I'm talking about.

Todd:thumbsup:

Just put in the new Hot cam Part #56-5033 and what a difference.Lost a little low end so the front wheel wont pull up like it used to by just snapping the throttle but after take off that sucker pulls hard through the midrange to high end very hard. Slip the clutch off the line and the ft wheel pulls up very predictably all the way to redline.:cheers: The cam for the xr 600 is the stage 2 after doing some research, so if anyone wants more mid to high power its the way to go. I like it better cuz when taking off hard originally that front wheel would shoot straight up and scare the hell out of me. Put 5k on it since new and could never get used to it.By the way its an 2006 xr650l I'm talking about. Todd:thumbsup:

Can anyone tell me where to find more information on this Stage 2 cam? I can't find it on the Hotcams website.

Okay, now I see. You bought this from ThumperTalk so that's their part number. I cross referenced the lift and duration with that of the stage 1 Hotcam from Hotcams website. They're the same.

Hate to be the one to break this to you, but what you've got there is a Stage 1 Hotcam. 100% guaranteed.

• Like 1

Thanks SniperTeamBravo, Just went into the super trap and added 5 more discs for as total of 22, yeah i know sounds like alot but now I have 70% of the throttle snap wheelie action back and it feels unbelieveable.:cheers: This bike is far from the "PIG" name theyve been dubbed with.Running stock idle jet,165 main jet, Supertrapp IDS2 pipe, Hotcam, Dynojet kit,Dave's mods,Uni foam filter.What a difference, next and last 2 items are a new header and carburetor.Any and all advice pertaining to these 2 items about which to get would be highly appreciated.Have a good one guys and gals off to race a DRZ400SM.

Todd