Installed Kyouba crf 4 link

I installed the Kyouba CRF 4 link last Saturday and took the bike out for a test run on Sunday. I reset the race sag to 100 and raised the forks as far as I could without hitting the stock handlebars. The bike rode good with no head shake and actually seems to track better. The issue I have is the front forks travel twice as much as they use to and seem really soft. I have dirt skins on and they wont stay up now. The first jump I hit it pushed the skins all the way down. It never did this before. I am not bottoming out but I am concerned about how much more travel it has. Has anyone had this happen and any suggestions would be greartly appreciated. This is my first post and I dont have everything set up "sorry", I am riding a 05 CRF 450x.

Have you talked to the people at Kouba? If not, I would call them also.

I know a lot of people love the links. I had one on my 250X, but didn't like the way it handled after putting it on. I removed it and shaved the seat so I could get my feet on the ground. I now have it back on the bike. This is because my wife is riding it now. She will never ride the bike like I did, so I don't think it will matter. I'm planning on sending the shock and forks in to be lowered and respringed after the holidays. I want to lower it the right way for her.

Thanks for repling Old Man. By the way I am a Old Man too, lol. No I havent called Kyouba but will. Our local Honda dealership offers the lowering of the forks and shock for 6 hours labor $440.00 I was going to do that also but thought i would try the link first. They sent one of their mechanics to Race Tech for training and what they do is machine in spacers to lower the bike. Other than the softness on the forks I really didnt notice any difference in the handling. If anything it seems a little better. Anyway I am going to play around with for a awhile and see if i can figure it out. Thanks again and hope we talk again soon.

i installed crf 4 and lowerd the forks down have noticed no change just got faster and more confident but i would install the scott dampner thats the package you`ll fly i did do my suspension all at once now the boulders are just pepples check it out ROCK ON:::cheers: