Sign in to follow this  

2007 WR 250F - Cant find the gray wire

I have my 250F torn apart (hope I can figure out how to get it back together)

Did the carb stop mod. No problem

Did the muffler / silencer insert removal mod - no problem

Did the airbox baffle mod no problem.

Cant find the gray wire to disconnect it. The previous post say it under the tank connected to the CDI. The only gray wire I can find is under the left side shroud behind the airbox, over the tire. Its a 6 wire connecter, with a gray wife that look as though it goes up into the engine somewhere. Any peeps confirm the location fo the gray wife on the 2007 WR?

Scott in Lake Forest, CA

Ok...so nobody knows where the gray wire is on the 2007. How about the 2006. Where is the gray wire on the 2006??

SB in Lake Forest

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430913

I'd pm this guy. In his post he says all the free mods were done to the bike.

found this to...." Whoever is looking for the grey wire, it is located with the CDI bundle under the left rear number plate. It is in the 6 pin connector as it always has been. The location is now lower and to the rear under the side panel in front of the coolant catch tank " That's from CISCO, maybe pm him if you have a problem finding it.

I don't know for sure about the 07, but on my 02 it was actually in a two pin connector on the right side of the frame just under the tank. There was a black wire and a grey wire in there, and they both came off of the CDI. You should be able to determine which connector your wire is in by looking at the wiring diagram in your manual. Just follow the grey wire from the CDI to the connector in the drawings and at least you will know what size connector you are looking for. Also, mine was only grey on one side of the connector, it changes color on the other side for some reason. Hope this helps.

Josh

Ok...so nobody knows where the gray wire is on the 2007. How about the 2006. Where is the gray wire on the 2006??

SB in Lake Forest

The grey wire on the '06 is on the right side under the tank. I believe it is a 6 wire harness.

When you pull the tank it runs alon the right side ofthe frame.:cheers:

:cheers:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430913

I'd pm this guy. In his post he says all the free mods were done to the bike.

found this to...." Whoever is looking for the grey wire, it is located with the CDI bundle under the left rear number plate. It is in the 6 pin connector as it always has been. The location is now lower and to the rear under the side panel in front of the coolant catch tank " That's from CISCO, maybe pm him if you have a problem finding it.

Found the gray Wire on the 2007. Its under the back left number plate. Real easy to find on the 6 wire connector.