New TE/SM 610 shop manual (English only)

I'm just putting the finishing touches on my streamlined version of the BOZZA DRAFT shop manual for the 610. I've removed everything but the english language & made it easy to find what you're looking for. I re-wrote the part about the computer with many thanks to Xfool but I'd like a little proof reading here. In particular I'm not real sure about the Service Interval section. If any of you would be willing to double check what I've got here & report back with any errors or omitions I'd be greatful. (I added another section on adding & removing screens) Also I don't know if it's legal to post this for public consumption but I'd be happy to share it with anyone who want's a copy.

610speedo1.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, I’d like a copy to……. And someone to decode the process of removing the front fork foot valve for ill equipped garage mechanics like myself. Don’t seem to have tool R5081AA, checked at Sears…. No joy there.

So does this mean the info on this page looks accurate to you guys?

I'm going to have a color copy printed and bound for myself with tabbed sections and the parts manual included so I have it right there. I'll post the printing cost when I get it & you can decide if you want one. The PDF is 11MB so most email systems will kick it back. I'll send a CD with both the MS Publisher file and the PDF to anyone that doesn't want a printed copy and can't receive a file that size (I'm not even sure I can send one that big).

I still have one more round of proof reading to do so it'll be a couple of days before I have a finished copy.

• 3 weeks later...
DAVE: Thanks. I started to clean up the instructions on the speedo...and didn't get very far. No fun at all. Did you use a fancy copy of Acrobat or something?

I started to try and do what Dave did with a copy of Acrobat Standard. It was doable but a real pain - I'm no Acrobat expert so I'm sure I wasn't doing things as cleverly as possible but I'm sure glad someone like Dave came a long and did it the right way! ?

DAVE: Thanks. I started to clean up the instructions on the speedo...and didn't get very far. No fun at all. Did you use a fancy copy of Acrobat or something?

Glad you all like it! I manually copied the text & images into MS Publisher, formatted it there, then just printed to pdf using WIN2PDf. I don't own the full Acrobat, I just copied using the tools in the free reader. I still have the Publisher doc so if any errors or omitions arise I can fix it & republish asap.