Jetting? -'06 KX450F for Berthoud and Erie

Since I bought my '06 KX450F, I have been struggling to get it jetted correctly for IMI in Erie and Berthoud VDRMX. It stalls way too easy and it's EXTREMELY frustrating. I'm defintely not an expert at this and could use any advice I can get. Thanks.

Since I bought my '06 KX450F, I have been struggling to get it jetted correctly for IMI in Erie and Berthoud VDRMX. It stalls way too easy and it's EXTREMELY frustrating. I'm defintely not an expert at this and could use any advice I can get. Thanks.

Please post more information so we can help. When does it stall? What have you tried? What have you done to the bike over stock (muffler, etc)?

Stalling / hesitation off idle can be indicative of a rich condition. Stalling in a corner can be indicative of poor clutch work. I rarely ever stall my bike, but yesterday in the HS at VDR I stalled it twice (got tired and lazy on the clutch). Anyway, more info, please.....

what is your current jetting?

I believe the last effort put me at a 42 pilot, 2 turns on the fuel screw, stock needle position, and a 170 main jet.

Everything is still pretty much stock on the bike and the Hare Scramble yesterday ate me alive in the first two laps with the stalling problem. The bike seemed to idle fine at the start and didn't indicate obvious issues when running it around for a bit before the riders meeting. I took off from the line and grabbed the clutch to upshift to second before the first turn and it died. I ran two laps with it stalling about 4-5 more times in tight low speed turns and each time when coming to a complete stop to check in at the finish line before I pulled off and increased the idle, which allowed me to at least finish with a little less aggravation. After increasing the idle, it backfired like crazy for the rest of the ride.

The HS is always a blast, even though I'm definitely not one of the better/faster riders. Unfortunately, it was a very frustrating 2 hour ride for me this time around. Thanks..

does the idle react to the fuel screw?

does the idle react to the fuel screw?

The only time it has any impact is when it is completely closed, which causes it to stall. Other then that, it does not seem to have any noticeable effect.

so it stays idleing perfectly all the way till its colsed and then just quits?

what part of colorado are you in?

so it stays idleing perfectly all the way till its colsed and then just quits?

what part of colorado are you in?

Yes. That seems to be the case when I tried it again... I ride at Berthoud and IMI in Erie. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving...

i have a tendacy to stall my bike quite a bit but i think it's due to poor clutch work. i just put on a boysen accelerator pump hoping that may help if i can get a little burst off idle.