Recommended Mods 04 cr250X

Can anybody out there recommend some basic mods? I have done mods to yamaha's before; just need info for honda.

1. New jets?

2. Airbox-where what to remove?

3. Wires cut? Like Grey wire in Yamaha...

4. I'm all ears and bike is torn down and ready.

I appreciate the info...

Can anybody out there recommend some basic mods? I have done mods to yamaha's before; just need info for honda.

1. New jets?

2. Airbox-where what to remove?

3. Wires cut? Like Grey wire in Yamaha...

4. I'm all ears and bike is torn down and ready.

I appreciate the info...

1. Search

2. JD jet kit and get a 42 pilot

3. Finger adjustable fuel screw

4. Protection including skidplate, rad guards, etc (flatland:prof: )

5. You can do the pink wire if you wish.. http://www.dirtdiggers.de/images/pinkwire (same as 250x)

6. airbox Airbox.jpg There you go!!:cheers:

I have the california version. My mods include (cut airbox, drilled diffuser on exhaust, and rejetted 155 main/42 pilot and stock leak jet 2/1/2 turns air-fuel screw. I also put the smog block off kit in. My bike rips and have had no problems whatsoever. I ride at sea level to 2500ft. Hope it helps.

• 3 months later...

cut air box per Rick Ramsey, Pull the screen off the air filter carriage, Cut the pink wire, AP pump and Quickshot Cover, Applied Racing Bypass kit, Power Now Valve, Pro Circuit Titanium Valves, Hot Cams Stage 1, White Bros E2 Exhaust and Head Pipe then jetted 158 main 42 pilot stock leak jet, JD needle jet 5th clip Zip Ty Racing fuel screw out 2 1/4 turns blows most guys 250r's off the track check my profile for bike pic.