Hampton roads riders

So how many of us are there? Where do you all ride? I'm used to SoCal and having tons of places to ride, but it doesnt look like there are many places here in South eastern Virginia..

Anyhow, I'm looking for somewhere to ride my new RMZ450 with the family (Wife has a '07 CRF150R and the son has a '06 CRF50), looking for tracks, trails, etc.. Thanks!

i live in south virginia beach. a few of us have just been riding about a mile from my house. its out at virginia beach amphitheater. there are alot of wooded areas out that way. there is a track down in suffolk and some friends of ours have a couple 10acre lots that we ride on also. mostly just by my house due to it getting cold and rainy all the time. i would ask if you wanted to go this weekend but we are leaving tomorrow morning for thanksgiving for a week.

I travel 6 hours to race a track just over the North Carolina border from you. It's a club owned facility with practice for members and about a dozen races a year. It's called Elizabeth City MX and it's right off RT17 in N.C. There is supposed to be another practice track near there but I haven't checked it out yet. It's mostly sand based, great after it rains, and they race year around. If you are into racing MX, you'll need to join District 13. Check out their websites for more info.:cheers:

www.ecmx.com

www.d13mx.com

I used to live there also and I tell you, it's pretty pathetic for trail riding. You can start racing in the Virginia Championship Harescramble Series (VCHSS), ride out at Slades above Smithfield (If it's still open), there are some limited opportunities in the National Forests, or join the tidewater dirt bikers club (http://tidewaterdirtriders.net/index2.php) which has a long waiting list.

Thank god I'm back in NorCal.

You can go to morgan's corner on route 17 just north of elizabeth city. its about 30 min from chesapeake. CMX just sold but it should reopen soon. Its in moyock on 168. Theres is a track in elizabeth city but it is a club track but they do race there a little bit. Slades is still open. Its ok for trail riding. For your whole family currituck has the most for a family. Advanced track, intermediate track, pitbike-peewee track. I would look at either www.ridecmx.com or www.motocrosstracks.com. It will show you where everything is. I am moving back soon and i will be honest its better there than maryland. Budds Creek is nice but all you can do there is race. Hope this helps.

Karl

I live here now bro. and it's not too bad. I moved out here from SoCal ( San Diego)...so if you can imagine that? I maintain a website that supports my race team. You can check it out to see whats going on as far as racing goes, heck you can even join our forum and talk with lots of other guys right here in the area about riding if you want to? just to the www thing and go to blacklabelracing dot net. As far as the tracks these other guys mentioned here is what I know as of today:

Currituck MX - Closed down about 2 months ago with promises of re-opening maybe? 1 Hr. from here

Morgans Corner MX - Closed to the public now. Tony (the owner) had lots of complaints about the track after he re-routed it and lipped off a few jumps. So he closed it to everyone except "good friends"! You might be able to swing by and make friends with him. 1 Hr. from here

ECMX - I love this place. I think they hold quite a few more races than a dozen or "12", more like........ 50 or 60. In fact if you chack out my site it has all the info for the "Pro-Wheel - Winter MX Series" which uses ECMX for more than 50% of the races. 1 Hr. from here.

Budds Creek - I don't think I need to preach this one. They will be holding the MXDN there this coming September....oh yeah, they just had a race there this weekend as part of the previous Series I mentioned. 2 Hrs. from here.

Slade's Park - This is where you can take the family trail riding. It's open year round and has over 300 acres of riding available. Fun for everyone! 30 Min. from Newport News.

In addition to these there are the following well groomed and ready to race tracks within driving distance of us. Look em' up on the web or hit a link from my website:

Virginia Motorsports Park

South Fork Competition Park

Birch Creek MX

Lake Sugar Tree MX

Lake Gaston MX

Henderson MX Park - N.C.

Good Luck! Welcome to the neighborhood! :cheers:

Cool stuff. Thanks for the replies, just wish is was as open here as it is in southern california... Used to be able to go down the block into the wash and go up behind cal state san bernardino all the time, and all over the fire roads. Cant do much of that here :cheers:

I heard there was a place over by the nuclear power plant by ft. useless (sorry, eustis... ? ) Anyone go there?

I live here now bro. and it's not too bad. I moved out here from SoCal ( San Diego)...so if you can imagine that? I maintain a website that supports my race team. You can check it out to see whats going on as far as racing goes, heck you can even join our forum and talk with lots of other guys right here in the area about riding if you want to? just to the www thing and go to blacklabelracing dot net. As far as the tracks these other guys mentioned here is what I know as of today:

Currituck MX - Closed down about 2 months ago with promises of re-opening maybe? 1 Hr. from here

Morgans Corner MX - Closed to the public now. Tony (the owner) had lots of complaints about the track after he re-routed it and lipped off a few jumps. So he closed it to everyone except "good friends"! You might be able to swing by and make friends with him. 1 Hr. from here

ECMX - I love this place. I think they hold quite a few more races than a dozen or "12", more like........ 50 or 60. In fact if you chack out my site it has all the info for the "Pro-Wheel - Winter MX Series" which uses ECMX for more than 50% of the races. 1 Hr. from here.

Budds Creek - I don't think I need to preach this one. They will be holding the MXDN there this coming September....oh yeah, they just had a race there this weekend as part of the previous Series I mentioned. 2 Hrs. from here.

Slade's Park - This is where you can take the family trail riding. It's open year round and has over 300 acres of riding available. Fun for everyone! 30 Min. from Newport News.

In addition to these there are the following well groomed and ready to race tracks within driving distance of us. Look em' up on the web or hit a link from my website:

Virginia Motorsports Park

South Fork Competition Park

Birch Creek MX

Lake Sugar Tree MX

Lake Gaston MX

Henderson MX Park - N.C.

Good Luck! Welcome to the neighborhood! :cheers:

Cool stuff, thanks man!

Lots of good info here but I feel I must defend my statement about ECMX having about 12 races a year. According to the District 13 schedule they had 7 MX races this year including the Winter Series. Good luck and welcome to the East Coast.:cheers:

i live in south virginia beach. a few of us have just been riding about a mile from my house. its out at virginia beach amphitheater. there are alot of wooded areas out that way. there is a track down in suffolk and some friends of ours have a couple 10acre lots that we ride on also. mostly just by my house due to it getting cold and rainy all the time. i would ask if you wanted to go this weekend but we are leaving tomorrow morning for thanksgiving for a week.

Gonna have to take you up on that when I get back after xmas :cheers:

Just wish I had a least 3 acres....

Search OHV trails in the George Washington / Thomas Jefferson Natnl. Forrest. There are a few out there!

You can search the Shenandoah Valley also.

I saw where you registered in the Black Label Forum also! :cheers:

Ranger Charlie, one of my team members, lives in the Shenandoah Valley and another user, NCYZ, also lives on the other end of the state. ?

If you post that same question in the General forum on the BLR site they will probably turn you on to some good trails really quick! :bonk:

Good Luck!

Lots of good info here but I feel I must defend my statement about ECMX having about 12 races a year. According to the District 13 schedule they had 7 MX races this year including the Winter Series. Good luck and welcome to the East Coast.:bonk:

Yeah...I retract my previous statement about that 50 or 60 races! ?

But the "Pro-Wheel Winter Series" does host 4 of their races there through Feburary. :cheers:

I heard there was a place over by the nuclear power plant by ft. useless (sorry, eustis... :D ) Anyone go there?

Yep, that would be Slades. I really suggest you check out the Virginia Championship Hare Scramble Series. Even if you're not one to race, you should try it. I used to live in Newport News and I raced in one hare scramble just to have somewhere to ride, and I got hooked. I've raced two seasons with the vchss since then and it's wonderful :worthy: . Go to www.vchss.org and then to the bulletin board, which is a forum you can get more information on. We have 15 races a year from March through November, with a short break in the summer. You ought to come race with us at Round 1 in March....PM me if you're gonna come and I'll show you around...the C classes aren't too bad.

I hhave heard 50 diffrent stories about CMX, I loved that track. all the jumps were big but easy so it made you feel like a star. what i last heard was that it was sold, and that the new owner was going to put houses on it but that now he has decided to re-do the track. i dont know.

I didnt know that Morgans corner is closed now. that place wasnt that much fun anyways. ECMX is club only but its a cool track if your going to race MX.

and VCHSS is awsome if you love woods riding. I am in my 3rd year of going to there races and its a lot of fun! its great because its a new place to ride every time and its not super competative unless you want it to be! you really need to look into them. also slades is fun for the whole fam. but a little unruly so keep the kids close and stay in front of them. they are having a hangover race on the 1st of Jan that will be fun.

Also, anyone ride out towards the western part of Virginia? Any good trails along the mountians? Through them?

There's lots of good riding out there, but it's largely undocumented. Mostly to keep the USFS and other from closing it down. Try www.advrider.com for some leads.

I live in New Kent county, and there's nothing here that's not highly illegal.?