Trials rider wins heat race at Enduro Cross

My dad and I were there both days, and Nick certainly drew a crowd in the pits. On Saturday morning, his bike was in bad shape and he was trying to get it together for timed qualifying. We were just walking by his pits (He was pitted with Geoff Aaron) and next thing you know, we were wrenching on his bike. The Endurocross camera crew was there filming the thing. We helped replace his handlebars and aired up his tires. I think Geoff's wife was helping clean his carb!

Needless to say, I was praying that his handlebars wouldn't fall off during qualifying, and thankfully, they did not.

Apparently, Nick is Geoff's PA announcer at ERE shows, or so I hear. I also heard a rumor in the pits that next years Endurocross will feature a trials bike class...

Apparently, Nick is Geoff's PA announcer at ERE shows, or so I hear. I also heard a rumor in the pits that next years Endurocross will feature a trials bike class...

Yea, they will feature a trials bike class so the enduro guys won't get embaressed when they get their butts kicked.

I think its a great idea. A speed trials competition set in a arena. Trials is a fairly unknown sport in the U.S. More exposure and promotion is a good thing.

Look at freestyle motocross and how it has affected general motocross bike sales.

what happened to him in the main? were did me place... them trials guys are crazier than the big air guys. they do some sick stuff.... :worthy:

He won his semi then got ninth in the main if I remember right. Not too shabby against a field of world and national champs!

He won his semi then got ninth in the main if I remember right. Not too shabby against a field of world and national champs!

That's why the rumor is they are going to create a "trials" class. Can't be showing up the World enduro guys.

If a few of the World Round trials pros came over they would just decimate the field. If you ever watch an indoor world round, they have a speed race similar to EnduroCross. These guys can ride fast over knarly terrain!

Are trials bikes allowed in regular enduro events? Didn't know ther was a class for non enduro/motocross machines. I,ve always wanted try an enduro competition for fun.

You can ride a trials bike in enduros and hare scrambles, if you want too.

EnduroCross is a once a year special event in Vegas. The promoters can make their own rules.

I can't imagine riding a trials bike in a hare scramble or enduro:

1) not enough suspension for the big hits at speed

2) gearing/powerband is optimized for going slow

3) not being able to sit at all would be physically grueling. I can get through a 2 1/2 hour hare scramble not too bad, but doing 1 four or five mile technical loop on the trials bike, I need to stop for a couple breaks. Might be better w/ more practice, but it uses muscles I didn't even realize I had!!!

I can see the advantages in the short/tight Endurocross course, though. I kind of hope there's no special trials bike course next year, b/c it would be cool if more racers are inspired to run trials bikes next year and mix it up!

Um, our competitions generally last 3 hours or more! Local events can be as quick as 3, NATC lasts about 7 hours. Granted we aren't on the bike the entire time and wait in line at sections sometimes, it's still a long time to ride. Usually, the last 1 or 2 loops for us a local events is straight through. Although I do highly enjoy the seat on my vintage bike when I ride it.

I've been to several trials events. Sure, they last a good while, but most of the time is spent watching others go through the sections, not riding. I'm willing to bet the actual seat time is well under an hour, w/ PLENTY of breaks in between. Try riding a 60 mile hare scramble race non-stop on your trials bike, then get back w/ me.

Not trying to get into a pissing contest since I enjoy both disciplines, but there's a right tool for each type of riding.