What is the Switch in the clutch perch on an 05 WR450?

What is the Switch in the clutch perch on an 05 WR450? I've got a nice clutch lever with decompression switch on my 98 yz400f I'd like to switch on to my new bike before I sell the 98. What's it for?

this has been covered use the search feature

its so you cant start the bike when its running when the clutch is pulled in:ride:

this has been covered use the search feature

its so you cant start the bike when its running when the clutch is pulled in:ride:

No, it's the opposite. The clutch switch enables the electric start when the clutch is pulled in and and disables the electric start when the clutch is not pulled in (prevents you from hitting the electric start when the bike is in gear and clutch engaged).

No, it's the opposite. The clutch switch enables the electric start when the clutch is pulled in and and disables the electric start when the clutch is not pulled in (prevents you from hitting the electric start when the bike is in gear and clutch engaged).

which is what i said, you can not start the bike with the e button if the clutch is pulled in and its running:bonk:

which is what i said, you can not start the bike with the e button if the clutch is pulled in and its running:bonk:

But that is not what I said. There is a different circuit that prevents the e button from working when the engine is running. The clutch switch enables (or in other words lets the e button work) the starter when the clutch lever is pulled in.