2007 WR450 Performance Mods

Does anyone have pictures of the FMF Q4 installed? I heard it has a removal s/a?? Also does anyone know if it is true that is puts out 3 to 4 hp all the way through with 5 and 1/2 at peak? that is amaxzing if it is true.

Thanks

FMF used my bike for fittment and dyno runs with the Q4. It is a brand new WR450F with one weekend on it. I had also installed the AIS Removal kit prior to them getting it. I was asked for the stock parts I had removed in installing that kit, and was told the were going to re-configure the bike to stock prior to them installing the muffler.

In their wisdom, they decided to leave it modded, thinking most people would probably install the AIS removal kit anyway. They are probably right. With that, they dynoed my bike in it's modded configuration. They then installed the Q4 and dynoed it again. The rep that returned my bike told me that they were very pleased with the results, and had gained 5 HP from the muffler.

I will be taking the bike out this weekend. I will try to throw a picture in here today.

Does anyone have pictures of the FMF Q4 installed? I heard it has a removal s/a?? Also does anyone know if it is true that is puts out 3 to 4 hp all the way through with 5 and 1/2 at peak? that is amaxzing if it is true.

Thanks

FMF used your bike and gained 5HP. I highly doubt they were telling you the truth.

?

I have to admit, I don't know if it was 5 HP gain over stock WR450F HP with the AIS Removal Kit and Q4 installed, or 5 HP gain over WR450F with AIS Removal kit installed, and then Q4. In other words:

Stock WR450F vs AIS Removal kit and Q4 / 5 HP Gain / Very believable

or

AIS Removed WR450F vs AIS Removed with Q4 / 5 HP gain / Questionable

I will ask them for the dyno sheets though, just to quell any questions.

So, they may have been telling me the truth, but just not from the scenario I assumed the gain came from.

I just got off of the phone with one of the FMF reps. This is what he said the results are:

Peak HP with AIS Removal kit installed, Air Box not modified, 40 HP

Peak HP with AIS Removal kit installed, Air Box not modified, and Q4 muffler installed, 45.5 HP

HP @ 90 MPH went from 29 with AIS kit installed, Air Box not modified, to 38 HP with AIS kit installed, Air Box not modified, and Q4 muffler installed.

I would say very respectable gains for a $360 muffler.

As a note, I have no idea how much HP the bike has with no modifications to it. I just know it was weak.

But I would assume that they ran it with all the baffles in the stock muffler. That would be the best way for theirs to look good.

Thats true. I forgot to mention I did not remove the baffle from my stock muffler. So a little less from the Q4. Good catch. However, the Q4 still had the spark arrester installed as well. Which I promptly removed. Don't tell anybody.

Was your bike dynoed with the stock jetting (165MAIN-45 PILOT) or the 170 main and 48 pilot from the ais removal kit for an 05-06. I was wondering because an 07 yz 450 comes with a 160 main and a 45 or 46 pilot. The reason I ask is I wonder If the ais removal kit for an o7 will have different jetting because it is a slightly different motor than an o5-06.

Was your bike dynoed with the stock jetting (165MAIN-45 PILOT) or the 170 main and 48 pilot from the ais removal kit for an 05-06. I was wondering because an 07 yz 450 comes with a 160 main and a 45 or 46 pilot. The reason I ask is I wonder If the ais removal kit for an o7 will have different jetting because it is a slightly different motor than an o5-06.

It was with the 170 and 48 that came with the 05 - 06 ais removal kit. Now again, I was told they were going to tune it on the dyno so I do not know if they changed that as well. I am hoping to get the dyno sheets and notes.

Peak HP with AIS Removal kit installed, Air Box not modified, and Q4 muffler installed, 45.5 HP

Wow!!!

That just goes to show you how choked up the stock pipe is ?

If you opened up the airbox by taking out the snorkel and unbolting that plate and jet for the open airbox you'd probably gain another 2 hp.

I wonder what the power curve looks like on the 2007 compared to the 06. I bet the objective with the narrower header and new cams was to move some of that top end power to the bottom where it was lacking. Im interested to see the dyno graph for this bike.

Back pressure my ass ?

You were misinformed, the only purpose that tiny insert serves is to make the bike rev slow and choke the engine down! Even the PMB insert allows for decent gains while still being whisper quiet

Listen to the riders on this board, the stock WR pipe holds this bike back big time!!

I don't know if you have ever riden yours with the larger baffle in (the stinger) and the smaller one out or maybe the 07 is different but I took it out today and went for a ride. The power is terrible with the larger baffle out. I lost the great bottom I had and had very little gain on top. In my opinion the best performance for the stock pipe is to remove the small rivited in baffle but leave the larger stinger in place. In this configuration it lacks top end but has great bottom. Of course the best course of action in a new pipe but that will have to wait.

I went for a four hour ride today on my WR450 '07 on the mine dumps here in South Africa and had no problem what so ever with low down pulling with the large baffle out. The bike pulls like a tractor cross freight train. I did hill climbs on my WR450 that my YZ/WR 250 could not even dream of. I had a top end run with my freinds WR450 '05 and killed him from start to finish. I have done the full AIS kit,grey wire and airbox and this bike F#@^s off.

I have raced for six years and had many offroad mototrbikes in my time and this is the best bike that I have riden so far. This bike is money well spent

Cheers

Muz

But I would assume that they ran it with all the baffles in the stock muffler. That would be the best way for theirs to look good.

I thought that dyno runs for aftermarket companys always compared "stock" components to Thier respective aftermarket componet, not a stock muffler "modified" compared to aftermarket? That being said i do see your poin.?:devil:

Here is the dyno run for my bike, a 2007 WR450F with the stock dirt tire.

Run 002 in Blue is with the AIS kit installed, but no mod to muffler or airbox.

Run 004 in Red is same as above except with FMF Q4 muffler installed.

Run 007 in Green is same as Run 004 except Power Bomb Header installed.

214775227.jpg

Here is the dyno run for my bike, a 2007 WR450F with the stock dirt tire.

Run 002 in Blue is with the AIS kit installed, but no mod to muffler or airbox.

Run 004 in Red is same as above except with FMF Q4 muffler installed.

Run 007 in Green is same as Run 004 except Power Bomb Header installed.

214775227.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!!:devil:? I JUST MADE MY BROTHER IN LAW PLACE AN ORDER FOR A Q4 FOR HIS WR 450 07 WITH A POWERBOMB HEADER! ? I CANT WAIT TO RIDE HIS BIKE BACK TO BACK.

THANKS FOR THE GREAT INFO