Sign in to follow this  

Portland jetting expert

Anyone know of a jetting guru in the Portland area? I have an '05 WR450 and am struggling to get the jetting 100% dialed. :cheers: I've installed the JD kit to specs, but am still not quite there. I'd love to find someone that could not only help me get it adjusted perfectly, but help me understand how to make adjustments in the future.

Found this listing on craigslist a few days ago...Think I might attend..

Do you want to know how a motorcycle carburetor works ? Do you have the abillity but maybe not the working knowledge to repair or tune your carbs ? Then come to CYC Cycle December 2, 2006 at 10:00 AM for a carburetor clinic. We'll go over basic theroy, maintenance, repair and tuning. Learn how to service your bike for storage or re-jetting for new exhaust or performance upgrades. Admission is $20.00.

CYC Cycle 6808 NE Alberta ST. Portland 97218 (503) 493-8402. Seating is limited so come early, doors open at 10:00 am

email JD with your setup and he'll hook you up with a good recommendation. He's given me spot-on specs. :worthy:

email me. I can help you out. Be sure to tell me what you have done to the bike (free mods), what throttle stop you are using, pipe, cams, cam timing and what jets/needle you have in there. Also what problems you are having.

I am down here in salem.

Matt

mjbobbitt@yahoo.com

I know most of you won't want to spend the money. BUT, EDR Performance in Portland (sportbike shop) has a dyno, and LOTS of jetting experience. They are starting to expand into some SuperMoto stuff so might be willing to do some more dirtbikes. But bar none that is THE best way to get your bike truly dialed in.

Ive read all threads about jetting and decided to call CYC CYCLE to see if they could give me some advice, guys let me tell you it was worth every bit of my long distance phone call. EXCELLENT SERVICE....

06-CRF450X IS VERY HAPPY.

Well, there is a mechanic up at Longview Pro Caliber who is really good. In fact he spent quite a bit of time playing with WRs trying to get rid of the low end bog. He traced it down to 2 items.

1) Float levels were consistently off, generally starving the bike for fuel.

2) He was changing the AP diaphram. Yamaha actually makes 4 different ones. He spent alot of time and effort testing to see hwat worked.

I don't know if the service dept will let you talk to him direct or what, but his name is Craig Kannan. He's one of the few "true" mechanics left in the area.