XR's only Beware

I have had three different orders from them in the last three weeks. They even gave me free upgraded shipping on one order without me asking. I understand that if you are the one is wronged......it can make you real angry when people dont jump on the band wagon....but every one deserves another shot if they show that they have changed....right?? As for me.......they gave me excellent service on the phone and very personable too!!!!!

I ordered a complete exhaust system for my 650l that they said was in stock and I would have it in a week. It's going on two month's and I still haven't seen it. I have been calling once a week and receive the same story that it will be here by the end of the week. Also, when they say they or someone will call you back that is a lie. Futher ordering from this company will not be coming from me.

Wish I saw this before I order $500 worth of parts from XR'S ONLY, been waiting for 3 weeks now... They have terrible costumers service.. Bet some other company will be happy to take my $500 after canceling this order.

Well, this thread is a year and a half old. I haven't seen much in the way of negative XR's Only comments since then....except for small things like the temp dipsticks being backordered forever. :)

It's like the person who works orders has a coin with "good service" on one side and "screw 'em" on the other that he tosses for each order.:):D:worthy::ride:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :ride: :ride: :banghead:

I have a true test for an Xrs only rebound. The XRs Only pipe on the XR650L I bought from Jon in Burbank blew a hole out of the pipe sidewall somewhere between El Paso and Houston.

I returned it and asked for a new pipe. I did not purchase the pipe and the original owner bought it over a year ago. Certainly they have every legal right to send me down the road.

However, the pipe should not have failed with the little use that it saw. A reputable company will not tolerate a defective product and unhappy customer. We shall see.

Joe

I have placed several orders and had no problems except jets that did not get shipped with the rest of the order, but when I called they were very nice and sent them out and they were only $16, not $59 like some of the jet kits. I suggest if you have a problem just call them and explain (nicely), they'll take care of it.

Still waiting on my oil temp stick. I ordered it July 16th. Called two times, XR guy says still on back order not sure when.

Do a search this is not the only thread....not by far. This has been going on for years. Great stuff bad phone and internet service.......go in person it is the only way of getting the service your money pays for.

Ordered the XRR oil temp dip stick... been more than a month now... emailed repeatedly... they say it is still back ordered.

Why sell something to someone that is going to take a month to get to them?

Wish I saw this before I order $500 worth of parts from XR'S ONLY, been waiting for 3 weeks now... They have terrible costumers service.. Bet some other company will be happy to take my $500 after canceling this order.

+1

I ordered several hundred dollars worth of stuff... which came over several shipments because they couldn't get the order right...

I'll go with someone else next time.

Do a search this is not the only thread....not by far. This has been going on for years. Great stuff bad phone and internet service.......go in person it is the only way of getting the service your money pays for.

ummm... no wrong... why? cause me and my bud went there. yes we went to there shop across from the airport, drove all the way, 30mi out of our way, with his XR600R in the back.

guess what they said.

go on our internet site.

i'm sorry, but what kind of company turns down potential customers and tells them to use there site. the guy was also rude.

Four Stroke Works, Jerry, is a stand up guy. invited us into his house because he was off. gave our bikes a look over, gave us a reasonable price.

he also does custom suspension and frame stuff for XR's, makes his own custom fabbed XR600 frames with removable subframes. uses Kayaba conventionals from old RM's and reworks them.

btw, can any of you guys curl your XR's like Summers can?

I have had good luck in dealing with them, fast shipment and easy returns, no complaints....

I've ordered from them at least a half dozens times and have had good luck with them. There was one time where a part was out of stock but I got an email the next day stating this and my part was shipped within a week. I'm not sure why it seems hit and miss with them I guess I've just been really lucky? For what it's worth I'd recommend them based on my experience.

I'm not saying they are a good or a bad company. cause they have a cool little store and all. but I don't think they have all there employees care about it too much.

the guy wasn't even looking at us, reading a magazine, answered maybe 3 questions, then told us to go visit there website. and he gave us directions there... knowingly wasting my fuel.

but i do like there products. wish they made more stuff for KTM's, and I check there site alot

What about having work done by XR's Only like engine or suspension? Is the service department in better/worse/same shape as the retail?

I Had a payment issue with them a month or so ago, was never informed by them that paypal didn't approve the payment? :blah:

So I sat around for a week and exspecting the part to arrive at my door?

When it didn't I called and ask how long does it take to ship from Hesperia to Big Bear? :busted::doh:

They told me payment was never recieved! :D

So I told him that I would be traveling that way the next day! :thumbsup:

Everyone was very nice and Gave my 8 year old son a crap load of stickers! :worthy: From me!

Been waiting on an XR650R triple clamp for 12 weeks. Wasn't back ordered. Customer rep said 'yup, sent that out myself yesterday' about 12 times. I have been calling once a week for 12 weeks to hear the same excuse. :thumbsup:

I just want a refund now so I can buy from SOMEBODY THAT CAN DELIVER!! :worthy:

I ordered parts there about a year ago, same experience. Parts were in stock but it took two follow up calls to actually get the parts shipped. How do these jokers stay in business?

ummm... no wrong... why? cause me and my bud went there. yes we went to there shop across from the airport, drove all the way, 30mi out of our way, with his XR600R in the back.

guess what they said.

go on our internet site.

i'm sorry, but what kind of company turns down potential customers and tells them to use there site. the guy was also rude.

Four Stroke Works, Jerry, is a stand up guy. invited us into his house because he was off. gave our bikes a look over, gave us a reasonable price.

he also does custom suspension and frame stuff for XR's, makes his own custom fabbed XR600 frames with removable subframes. uses Kayaba conventionals from old RM's and reworks them.

btw, can any of you guys curl your XR's like Summers can?

That SUCKS! The only two things they had going for them was the help if you went in person and the great stuff they carried. Well now it sounds like one of those went out the window as well. Denn10 was being a go between for those that wanted something from XR's only but, didn't want to take the chance of getting screwed with phone or internet service....he was having good luck? Maybe he can chime in on what has happened?

If you read the first page of posts to the first thread about XR's only sucking you will find that six of there emploies resonded....even the manager that continualy :thumbsup: the costomer. Read what he said:eek: he emits that there is an exceptable amount of screw-ups and that is to be expected!:worthy: He digs a real nice hole in the 6 posts he posted on TT

If you want the real story (and have the time to read) you will see that more then 50% of those on TT have had a horrible experiance with XR's Only!

This thread has 197 post and over 11,000 views

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96767

A few more threads.....

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=603515

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5272481#post5272481

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501603&page=2&highlight=XR%27s+Only

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2379536#post2379536

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3014501#post3014501

Just a few of those threads about how screwed up XR's Only has become.....

There might be a problem when you have this much trouble from one company. Most of these threads do have one or two guys that say they had a good out come, some work for XR's Only, some don't but, for the most part everyone else has had nothing but trouble.