DRZ pics, lets see your Z

robklx400

My DRZ 400

Mods: Fairing, bracket and lights. Stiffer fork and rear springs for my weight. Carrier rack. FMF pipe. Long range tank. bar raisers, All the mods aimed at off-road touring. 15/44 sprocket ratio. GPS

Bike has been a blast so far until I rode it head first into a 1.5m deep canal. So bike in pieces. Repairing bracket and fairing. 20140722_160818.jpg20140722_160903.jpg20140722_160929.jpg

in its natural habitat20140906_093049.jpg

Sleeping......  :(   20140914_145500.jpg

Edited by Distronium
  • Like 5

Nice! You don't see many power bomb headers with a Yoshi can.....did it fit right up?

Thanks! It took a little persuading, but not too bad.

I cut an inch or so (the exact measurement doesn't come to mind) off of the powerbomb where it meets the Yosh since it was a tad too long to fit correctly into the Yosh. On top of that, the gasket in the Yosh is too tight for the PowerBomb to fit in, so I took it out, thus making it too large. From there, I found a piece of exhaust tubing at Napa that had an I.D. that fit over the PowerBomb perfectly and an O.D that happen to fit snuggly into the inside of the Yosh. A little exhaust sealant and a mallet mated it to the PowerBomb and acted as an enlarger to fit like a glove and look OEM.

You can also make your own gasket with exhaust tape or something like that, but it requires a clamp around the whole pipe since the Yosh has a slit along the mid-pipe on the motor side. I did that at first but it looked a little too janky for my liking. 

Obviously, I probably could have gotten away without cutting, but man does it fit perfect; runs good too!

• Like 2

Thanks! It took a little persuading, but not too bad.

I cut an inch or so (the exact measurement doesn't come to mind) off of the powerbomb where it meets the Yosh since it was a tad too long to fit correctly into the Yosh. On top of that, the gasket in the Yosh is too tight for the PowerBomb to fit in, so I took it out, thus making it too large. From there, I found a piece of exhaust tubing at Napa that had an I.D. that fit over the PowerBomb perfectly and an O.D that happen to fit snuggly into the inside of the Yosh. A little exhaust sealant and a mallet mated it to the PowerBomb and acted as an enlarger to fit like a glove and look OEM.

You can also make your own gasket with exhaust tape or something like that, but it requires a clamp around the whole pipe since the Yosh has a slit along the mid-pipe on the motor side. I did that at first but it looked a little too janky for my liking. 

Obviously, I probably could have gotten away without cutting, but man does it fit perfect; runs good too!

Awesome bud, I like it when people take the bull by the horns.......glad it worked out, and for sure, it DOES look good!!!

• Like 2

this drz on facebook, just ran 1/4 mile in 10.9 @ 117mph!!!

he says motor is stock, with nos..(he speaks diff language, hardf to communicate..)

says hes located in "P R".. (wherever that is)

the forks are dropped 3-4 inches in the clamp!!!

15-39 sprockets

and the rear swingarm looks longer!!

he says the clear clutch cover got made local for 85$..partially using oem clutch cover
11329805_10206258936459710_5807292508586

11255327_357008467831604_168703480765453

facebook video of the actual 10.9 1/4 mile
https://www.facebook.com/Wheeliadorespr/videos/873082736101819/?hc_location=ufi

Edited by 707LAKE
  • Like 4

Just completed a DRZ-ADV build, with a little bling sprinkled in. I picked up a barely used '06 DRZ400 and gave it a makeover.

20150520_165852.jpg

That headlight must be Awesome in the woods! I have the Baja Designs S2 on my Husky WR300 and its pretty good, but yours probably makes daylight at midnight. Is that HID also?

• Like 1