DRZ pics, lets see your Z

11,385 posts in this topic

heaster were did you get edge kit is it the 1 or 2

hope you can help

cheers jason

Hi Jason, :worthy:

You can get DRC Edge LED taillights and blinkers here:

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/index.shtml

As to 1 or 2, that comes down to personal preference, as each one has its good points. Here's mine, it's a 1:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440837

Take Care,

Greg

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By ngeezy
      Hi guys,

Had an interesting experience on the way to work this morning. My morning commute consists of mostly highway. I was driving in 5th gear at ~75-80 (15/41 gearing) and I got a quick choke on the engine, as if I was outta gas. Nothing huge, just a slowdown for a second. Now I'm still on the highway and everything seems fine afterwards but about two minutes later, I'm starting to see a bit of traffic ahead.

Naturally I let off the throttle a little, but the RPMs stay very high, despite the throttle closing. Downshift and now the RPMs are even higher (as if I was on the throttle). At this point I pulled in the clutch, let totally off the throttle. The clutch works fine as all power was taken off the drive, but those RPMs didn't go anywhere. I've had a stuck throttle cable before and this does not seem to be the problem (from a quick glance). The throttle returns to its closed position no problem, but the engine is still revving at quite high RPMs no matter what. Relatively new (<6mo old Motion Pro) throttle cable that was properly lubed. Luckily I was able to get to work just fine, but upon turning everything off and restarting, same problem.

Throttle seems to be stuck open and I have no idea what direction to go in. When the bike is off and I pull the throttle then release, I'm pretty sure I can hear the click of it closing completely, so I'm dumbfounded on this one. Apologies in advance because I'm at work and only have absolute basic tools on me, and can't get to the carb right now (also time restricted). FWIW, I can rev the bike higher than where it is stuck, but it will not go below a certain point. Like I said, throttle cable seems to return just fine, but it is definitely stuck open (maybe just the port on the throttle or something? maybe one of the springs? maybe jetting needle is fooked?)

Thanks in advance, looks like I'm out of action for at least the next couple days
    • By 5up
      Hey TT, I just got 2005 DRZ400E. It didn't come with any manuals that's why I'm asking fellow DRZ owners for some help. Please bear with me if I'm asking obvious and or lame questions, it's my first bike . I'm in Colorado @5280' plan to take it to higher elevations. My riding will be some pavement and the rest FSR's,  maybe some super easy single tracks initially. I plan to plate it. 
      What manual, including repair manual, can be recommended? Anything available to download? I found a manual on DRZ400E.com but it seems to be for the S model and not the E. What gas should I use? It's a higher compression motor and I believe the manual calls for 91. Although, would it be different at a higher altitude? What oil and filter should I use? How ofter should I be changing oil?  What air filter and sealant is recommended?  What hand guards do you recommend? Integrated turn signals might be nice but not a deal breaker  Skid/bash plate. Security. It's stored in the garage most of the time but I might need some extra security when I travel. Here are some things I thing might be useful. Any thoughts? Front disk break lock with alarm Heavy duty chain and a lock Speedometer. It just came with a trip meter. What break fluid can be used? What coolant should I user?  Any cool taillight hubs? Front and rear tires. I'm thinking of getting Kenda Trackmaster II K760 as they appear to be a good bang for the buck. Are Dunlop D606 that much better as the price suggests? Mirrors. Something neat would be nice.
    • By Waz Hoare
      Hi, 
      have an 84 pe 175 and really struggling getting the bike to run properly. 
      Carb was thick with crud, so replaced the pilot and main jet, along with the needle valve assembly. Set the needle midway and mix at one and half turns out. Didn’t run great and raised the needle clip up to lean it out, and 2 and half turns on mixture. Runs ok, but does have a flat spot from close throttle to full open and is dumping fuel back into the box and leaving a puddle.  And I can’t understand why. As I said replaced the usual suspects, checked the float and level and all seems good. And although the carb looks good, can’t determine if this worn out, Reed valves or I’m Just being stupid? 
      Any advice would really help, as its doing my nut. 
      Cheers
    • By danheselbarth
      I just bought a new DRZ400, and am hoping to remove the passenger pegs. I've seen on the forums that there used to be a part you could get to attach the exhaust in place of the peg mount, but I can't seem to find anywhere that carries it now. Are there any good options that don't require modification? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.