Sign in to follow this  

Sidestand for FSE450

Hi Guys,

Time to replace the sidestand on my FSE. Does anyone know if an aftermarket stand is available? The Gas Gas one is kinda crappy.

mal

Mal if U can't find one, go to gasgasrider.org and there are two ways to fix the kickstand. I copied Matt R.'s method plus I took mine to the neihborhood welder and cut a 11/2" off and welded a larger foot for $20. My bike stood up too straight after I lowered it and the stock foot would sink in soft terrain.

Mal if U can't find one, go to gasgasrider.org and there are two ways to fix the kickstand. I copied Matt R.'s method plus I took mine to the neihborhood welder and cut a 11/2" off and welded a larger foot for $20. My bike stood up too straight after I lowered it and the stock foot would sink in soft terrain.

Thanks for that mate. Went to the site but couldn't find the article you mentioned - any chance of a link?

Thanks Again,

mal

Mal, scroll down to " Chassis and Body " and check out both: "Kamikazi Stand and lowering links" by TeeJay and "Tech Tip: Fixing the kickstand auto-retraction" by Matt R. Matt has and excellent pic to go with directions. Works great.

Right on! That was Tejays method too. Works great. Simplist too.