CRF230 Front end - KX125 Forks MOD Done!!

Finally The front end Sorted !!!!

Began the front end mod with WR200 Front end and unable to sort it even after a revalve & Rebuild Oils Etc Having said that it was still better than Stock

Enter the KX 125 Front End The mod went together like clockwork

We even used the CRF230 Front wheel

The Only Custom Bit was the Rotor

Will Post Pics as soon as its all buttoned up ...........:worthy:

If anyone else has used any other front end other than HONDA Pop them on and lets have a Look !!

I'm going to be adding a 2000 cr125 tripletree soon and would like to know if I have the steam machined down to acept the 230's bearings will possibly work as I have a mill and lath at work. Also what models and years of forks will work on the 2000 triples and can I use my wheel and what do I need to do to make the wheel work? ie new bearings or use a mod to the axel like spacers or shims?

dont have yoru stem machined

jsut buy an xr500 stem and take it to a shop to put into the cr125 triple clamps

cause the crf230s bearings will fit perfectly on your xr500 stem

that stem still needs to be machined to fit the in the cr clamp

Actually a sleeve needs to be made. The stem needs no machining. I cut mine down 1/4 though as the inner race seating surface was not adequate unless you shim the bottom bearing. Shortning it also reduced the need for top spacers. You may still want spacers if you want the tripple clamps higher and thusly the bars higher. Many ways to do it. Good luck!

stem23qy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...