What wasting $7500 looks like

well...8 mnths, $7500, your help and a lost mind later and here is what i ended up with. I could have bought a new bike and probably salvaged my marriage, money and mind, but im not that smart. this used to be a 2000 kx250...everything is new...everything. All that could be upgraded has been... Motor work alone was $2000, then there's powdercoating, polishing, titanium bolt kit, suspension and all kinds of other crap. Sad thing is I am now afraid to ride it and screw it up. Anyways...let me know what you guys think...John

P.S...notice all the details

http://www.allthingsmoto.com/photopost/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/8268

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah man that is one sick bike. You definately couldnt get a better looking bike for that price even if it was new...a better performing bike, that might be a different story.

it sucks how technology has improved so much that even if you have worked suspension on an 04 its not as good as stock suspension on 07's.

and i completely understand the concept of not wanting to get your DIRTBIKE dirty.

I usually rip my bike apart for the winter and clean everything and by the spring the thing is spotless and looks better than new. Those first few rides are tough...then i saw "f" it and just ride.

good luck with it bro

Ummm sick bike, 2 things you need to do..

get some nice custom graphics made

and find a different front fender to fit... I had a 01 kx125 and HATED the front fender

Try to get a white honda one to fit, hondas have the sickest front fenders, everyone elses is so fat they make the bike feel fat.

what do you mean, you do have a new bike! Not something I would do to a dirtbike, but I do understand. Look on the brightside, it's green sticker! I recently did the same thing to my 2001 250sx, complete tear down, rebuilt engine, powder coated frame and new plastic and tank. I spent about $1,000 though (powdercoating was free, connections). All I need for mine is a new pipe, graphics and black rims.

Thanks for the compliments guys, this was my first time rebuilding a bike and gotta say...took a lot longer than I thought. All the details are really what is time consuming. I think I spent more time replacing every bearing on the bike than i did anything else...well...that and waiting for 3rd parties to be done...ie...powdercoating, polishing, engine, suspension, parts to come in etc. I recently broke in the motor and the only crappy part is according to the motor builder (pro-tec) I have to use straight race gas...why not 50/50?after it was broken I noticed the bike didnt necessarily have more power but it did rev quicker...a negative I did notice is that the motor is now like an on/off switch...if your on the pipe its great, anything less and its not happy...why? short of that, I am happy, although its more eye candy for now until I get on a track......John

P.S. graphics are on the way and Im still looking looking for a diff front fender...you guys are right I think it would look better with a diff one...also the the calipers and hubs were powdercoated...calipers were a pain cause I had to completely strip them