Gas Gas sm 450

I have just purchased a 2005 sm450 new from a dealer. I am looking for any and all info on tech tips, aftermarket parts, upgrades etc.

My son and I will be racing it at Loudon, NH roadrace track as well as some dirttrack events and super moto.

Does anyone know if any other wheels will fit? I will be adding another set of 17's and a set of 19's for dirttrack.

The dealer is not very good at aftermarket stuff or info.

My '05 is great, small oil leak at head cover, but runs and works great. I just need a good info on service tips and parts.

I like my '05 also, If you get a little popping on deceleration, it's the header to exhaust connection, just seal it better. Under the right side of the seat are two wires, disconnect one of them and your bike will go from running to lean to just right. You can judge the kickstand for yourself. As for aftermarket, this is the first bike I've ever owned were I didn't feel the need to add much aftermarket stuff, it already comes with some high quality parts stock anyways. Watch for negative comments on riders from '04 and older bikes, the bikes were significantly refined for '05. I personally know someone who bought two leftover 05's back in the spring(one to have at both of his houses) and loves both bikes...:worthy:

Under the right side of the seat are two wires, disconnect one of them and your bike will go from running to lean to just right.

Been out on my first ride om my new GG FSE450 -05. This bike rocks.

But whats this with the cables under the seat?

My bike glows the exhaust pipe when ran a few minutes in low revs.

Is this something I need to look into?

//Thomas

Been out on my first ride om my new GG FSE450 -05. This bike rocks.

But whats this with the cables under the seat?

My bike glows the exhaust pipe when ran a few minutes in low revs.

Is this something I need to look into?

//Thomas

The header is glowing because it is running to lean, it probably comes that way from the factory to keep emissions down. This is why you need to unplug one of these wires to put it in a richer/normal mode. Take your seat off and on the right side were the subframe connects you'll see two wires running parallel with connections. Simply unplug one of the wires and cover the ends. I've seen different colored wires on different bikes and I understand it doesn't matter which wire is disconnected, haven't seen a problem either way.

Thanks. I found a pair of cables beside of the EFI connector, they were both screwed into the EFI casing.

At page 62 in the pdf user manual, the electrical diagram over EFI, this cable (blue/yellow) is designated "MAP1/2". ?

Can/should i reconnect it in the summer when weather is warmer?

I seem to have a lot to learn about this bike...

Thanks. I found a pair of cables beside of the EFI connector, they were both screwed into the EFI casing.

At page 62 in the pdf user manual, the electrical diagram over EFI, this cable (blue/yellow) is designated "MAP1/2". ?

Can/should i reconnect it in the summer when weather is warmer?

I seem to have a lot to learn about this bike...

No, just leave it off permanently. If your a taller rider(over 34" inseam) I can show you how to lower your stock pegs for free if you would like also.