If you could get any bike...(under$6K)

You've got $6000 to blow on a new dirt bike, what would you get...If you lived at 8000 ft. Mountain trails out your back door, Desert, MX, and everything else 2 hours away...6', 160.

Spot-on throttle response, rideable stock suspension and bits would be ideal.Technical Trail Riding mostly, Enduro racing possible, street legal for sure.... (Headlight + Taillight only) Cold Starting a must. No garage....waahhh

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: aspenj ]

Just found out that the new Cannondale 440s is going for $5995 or less. I know they had trouble last year but it's supposed to be a huge improvement this year. Has EFI too which would obviously help for altitude changes and you can download different EFI settings off the Cannondale website. Just a thought.....Happy New Year!!

Just found out that the new Cannondale 440s is going for $5995 or less. I know they had trouble last year but it's supposed to be a huge improvement this year. Has EFI too which would obviously help for altitude changes and you can download different EFI settings off the Cannondale website. Just a thought.....Happy New Year!!

Thanks,

I sat on a Cannondale. It's really nice. Clean design, Ohlins front and back. It's pretty trick.

I'm a bit scared about the EFI, I've heard bad things about high altitude riding. I'm also concerned that its an MX bike with 19" rear wheel, no lights and most importantly, minimal dealer/parts support.

You do get alot for the money, but I'll wait for them to drop the price on this years enduro version. (not likely) I think they're trying real hard to sell their product, but too many doubters like me.