07' D-14 Ice Race Schedule

07' Ice Race Schedule

Jan 6th, Morelands USA Crystal, Mi.

Jan 7th, Valley Trail Riders Bentley, Mi.

Jan 14th, Port Huron M/C Port Huron, Mi.

Jan 20th, Morelands USA Crystal, Mi.

Jan 21st, Valley Trail Riders Bentley, Mi.

Jan 27th Bolus Racing Houghton Lake, Mi.

Jan 28th, Cadillac M/C Cadillac, Mi.

Feb 3rd & 4th AMA Nationals

Feb 4th, White Lake Racing White Lake, Mi.

Feb 11th, Port Huron M/C Port Huron, Mi.

Feb 18th, Valley Trail Riders Bentley, Mi.

Feb 25th, Port Huron M/C Port Huron, Mi.

Are the only studs legal for D-14 races the Kold Kutters? I'm assuming the Canadian ones we have here are too tall for AMA?? Can anyone answer?! I haven't bought studs for the race here in Canada yet, but would like to race some of the races in the series that are closer to the Sault, but don't want to have to restud or come and not be able to race.

Thanks Jamie

Are the only studs legal for D-14 races the Kold Kutters? I'm assuming the Canadian ones we have here are too tall for AMA?? Can anyone answer?! I haven't bought studs for the race here in Canada yet, but would like to race some of the races in the series that are closer to the Sault, but don't want to have to restud or come and not be able to race.

Thanks Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I'm not sure what the rules are in canada, but here in D-14, we have the following rules. (quoted from the 2006 rule book)

Must use unaltered #7 or #10 hex headed screws with no more than one slot, uncut, no drilling or hollowing out of the head and the screw to be flush into the tire tightly, not using shim or washer to hold it out from the tire. The screw head cannot exceed 3/16" above the tire. There will be no cut tires.

Hope this helps!

-Frank

Thanks Frank... The CMA or CMRC legal studs in Canada are a little taller in head height. If I put in the CMA ones, because I can get 1000 1/2" for $85.5 (Canadian $) approx 70 US, do you think I would still be able to run races in D-14 for fun only, not expecting points, payout, etc... Or do I buy Kold Kutters and race my buds here and get my butt whooped so I can race you guys down there...