going back to stock exhaust?

The previous owner of my E put a Yosh slip on and had the bike jetted. I have no complaints about the power but think it's just a bit too loud for woods riding (wanna keep the natives happy), so I'm considering replacing it with the stock E exhaust can. Will this negatively effect the power and jetting?

Likely to be a wee bit rich if she has been jetted, but if it was only a slip on, wont be too far oof the mark.

Did he give you the original jets?

I presume he kept them.

I agree - singles sound great with free breathing end cans, but, in this increasingly intolerant and "green" aware world, sometimes riding incognito means we are under the radar of those who complain.

Mr and Mrs Nothing Better to do but write letters to their local poltician/police dept, wont know you are ragging about having a great time, if they can hear you.

I used to be a race only exhaust kind of bloke, but increasingly am convinced keeping a low profile is the best way to have my fun without raising the attentions of the wankers out there who spend their time complaining.

I dont know what things are like in the States but in the UK there seems to be a movement to push loud bikes into the "very antisocial" camp.

I will keep my end can on the sports tourer [is quite quiet for a race can anyway, but more fruity than standard] but the noise from the big single migh just piss the locals off too much........

I can hear the big 4 stroke thumpers at the annual summer "scramble" 4 miles over the fields...dont under-estimate how far the noise travels.

I'll second the noise comments above...we have a MX track just outside of town as well as a complete mountain bike/hiking trail system about four drainages over (2 miles)

I was out Mt biking one morning and I could have sworn some moron was ripping around in the neighborhood up above, but it actually was noise from the MX track that was travelling all the way over. Four strokes are worse when it comes to noise......

I agree with everyone, I don't think it'll hurt your jetting. You could also drill the silencer out of the OEM pipe, doesn't make it much louder but allows for good exhaust flow.

I ride but hate the noise (going to make a dual exhaust system to see if it'll quiet things down a little). I like being out in nature and having fun but the noise just sucks. One little thumper out in the woods can ruin a serene week-end where many people are hiking just to get away from the modern world, to talk, to picnic, just to be in nature...

Another example, there are beautiful hiking trails near were I live and a reservoir. Not many people go on boats in the area because it's really too small but sometimes there'll be a jet-ski out there and for hours, all you here is that engine and all of the people can no longer hear the wind in the trees, birds... just annoying.