Cincinnati area woods/trail riders?

I’m new to the area, and getting back into dirtbiking after 10 years away. Looking for some not too fast folks to do some riding with. I want to do some HS racing in the spring and need to get my dirt legs back before then. Where do you SW Ohio guys go riding, and who can I tag along with? I have my own transport and don’t mind driving a little to get somewhere, just need some guidance and some guys who know the best places to go.

Thanks!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little NW of you in Oxford. Haspin Acres is about 40 minutes from me in Laurel, IN. It's a little redneck-y and lots of 4WD ruts, but they're open year round and have 750 acres with trails everywhere. Only $15 a day to ride there.

If the cold lets up, I plan on making a trip over the Christmas (or Holiday, if you prefer) break. I'm off from Dec 15th to Jan 8th. Awesome!

There's suposedly a MX track in Richmond, IN with some trails, but I've heard they only have 80 acres and may be light on the trails. I may check it out someday. I'm more of a trails guy than MX

Eagle Creek Park in Owenton, KY is pretty nice, too. Not crowded at all and my Parents live 10 minutes away. My dad rides too, in his old age of 49 (bring on the flames!)

Hey, count me in! I'm from Wilmington, about 1hr NE from downtown. Haspin is a pretty cool place, you just have to pay attention. I've been there enough to know my way around pretty good. I like the tracks, but the trails are where it at for me. Be sure to PM me when you guys decide to go riding! I'm an experience rider, but enjoy helping newer riders out!

i have heard haspin is a little sketchy...one of the local dealers was telling me about a place not very far south into KY that had trails, but i forget the name of it. i do have access to some trails just outside of downtown; nothing major, but it'll keep me going for a while of nothing else. the next warm(er) weekend i'm in town, i'll try to round you guys up.

i have heard haspin is a little sketchy....

Nothing wrong with Haspin. Yes there are some idiots there, some morons will be doing wheelies in the parking area, but get out in the woods and you hardly see anyone.

It has very technical riding and can get pretty slick, but overall it pretty good and has a wide variety of terrain. Maybe we can get together for a ride.

Haspin also runs a Hare scramble series that is real low key. They have about 9 races from March-October. The promoters are really good people.

[i’m new to the area, and getting back into dirtbiking after 10 years away.]

Motorthings- I was in same boat as you 1 year ago and have found Haspin to be a great local place to ride. It's better during non-peak periods but as Dale said you can go deep into the bowels and lose the hillbilly wagons, quads and even most bikes.

Dale could be a tour guide at Haspin. I'm getting cut next week for a hernia repair so I'm out until mid Jan or so.

Im About 40 Minutes North Of You In Centerville Ohio,and Im One Of The Not So Fast Riders You Mentioned,i Dont Ride Any Track Stuff But Love The Trails,wayne National Is Good But It Closes The 15th,big Rock Is Good But The Lower Parts Get Really Wet(still A Good Ride) I Havent Been To Haspin In Years,you Can Pm Me If Ya Wanna Hook Up And Ride

Hey there. I live in Harveysburg(45032) Ohio. I also ride Haspin Acres as well. I have access to trails in Waynesville, as well as West Chester, and Oregonia. The ones in West Chester are an old gravel pit, rail bed, and lots of woods. But for HS practice I would suggest Haspin. Us Ohio riders should get together for some trail riding ! I'm 40 now, and not as fast as I once was. That being at work Monday thing has slowed me down a little. I'm more into trail-riding, hill-climbs, and the occasional high speed runs. Also, I shattered my collar bone at Haspin on 8/15/06, and am still recovering from my O.R.I.F.. Those damn ruts!!! PM me, or call (937)478-6838 to set something up. My name is Bill.

Hey there. I live in Harveysburg(45032) Ohio. I also ride Haspin Acres as well. I have access to trails in Waynesville, as well as West Chester, and Oregonia. The ones in West Chester are an old gravel pit, rail bed, and lots of woods. But for HS practice I would suggest Haspin. Us Ohio riders should get together for some trail riding ! I'm 40 now, and not as fast as I once was. That being at work Monday thing has slowed me down a little. I'm more into trail-riding, hill-climbs, and the occasional high speed runs. Also, I shattered my collar bone at Haspin on 8/15/06, and am still recovering from my O.R.I.F.. Those damn ruts!!! PM me, or call (937)478-6838 to set something up. My name is Bill.

That sounds like alot of fun! When you decide to go riding, PM me and I'll tag along. There's another guy who has PM me who also would like to go riding. I've heard of Harveysburg, but I'm not sure where it is.

sounds like we have a pretty good group around here...

Yea it does! Now we need to hook up and have some fun! There probably won't be too many good days left until spring comes around. Do any of you ride this time of year? As long as it's above 40 degrees and not sloppy muddy, I'm all for it.

We need to get everyone in this area together at Haspin come spring. I ride there with several TT members, most from Indy area. I'm 30 miles west of Dayton, near IN state line.

Yea it does! Now we need to hook up and have some fun! There probably won't be too many good days left until spring comes around. Do any of you ride this time of year? As long as it's above 40 degrees and not sloppy muddy, I'm all for it.

my general requirements are about the same...let's see when the weather cooperates.

We need to get everyone in this area together at Haspin come spring. I ride there with several TT members, most from Indy area. I'm 30 miles west of Dayton, near IN state line.

I, too am west of Dayton near the IN line, in Oxford. Where do you live? Do you know of any "local" riding areas? Doesn't have to be spectacular or anything.

My bike might be down for a little while. I have a freshly stroked crank sitting on my shelf that I need to put in. Maybe I'll tackle that over the holiday break.

Haspin spring ride is pretty much a definite thing. I really, really, really hate the cold.

I, too am west of Dayton near the IN line, in Oxford. Where do you live? Do you know of any "local" riding areas? Doesn't have to be spectacular or anything.

I'm north of you on I-70 at Lewisburg. Only way to ride closer than Haspin is know someone with private property. For those in Dayton the Dayton Dirt Riders has 40 acres, for for me it's 30 miles to Dayton or 60 miles to Haspin with 750 acres.