Wiring question

I tore an electrical cable on my 2004 DRZ 400s, but the bike still runs. I'm a little confused becasue I'm not sure what it is for. Maybe you guys can help me. It is the cable that hooks into the cases below the front sprocket. Does anybody know what its for, and If I need to replace it?

I think you're talking about the Generator and Neutral switch wires.

How bad is it?

Those two are easy to check. See if the Neutral light still works and measure the voltage at the battery terminals to see if it's still charging (should be around 13.7V).

I'd say the most important thing is to have the generator still working, or the battery is going to be drained&dead very soon.

I'm not sure how the oil pressure sensor wiring is routed.

Also check if the engine still stalls if you put it in gear with the kick stand down.

The battery charges, the nuetral light works, and I've bipassed the kikstand switch a long time ago. As far as I know, it is the only cable that attaches to the cases directly below the front sprocket. the wires mold into a foam piece that is screwed onto the cases.

Nope, the neutral light sensor is on the left side, just below and forward of the countershaft sprocket.

There are two wire bundles that travel up that side and over the countershaft cover and back towards the coolant overflow tank, then up the frame. One bundle contains the stator/pickup coli wires, the other, the neutral switch.