FMF POWERBOMB on a 650R?

any of you guys tried this on a 650R

I just put a FMF Q2 on my 650R and I like it and I am now looking at the powerbomb header

I want o know if it makes a differance

please comment

Ditto - just got a new R and trying to decide on exhaust. I just want to be sure and get something with a spark arrestor as I'll be riding in the National Forest; but still want the best performance I can get.

XR's only pipe...DA BEST its legal usfs inside spark arrestor and screen type and it flows major air

I guess I'll have to go with 2nd best because XR's Only will never see another penny of my business after the way I was treated.

any of you guys tried this on a 650R

I just put a FMF Q2 on my 650R and I like it and I am now looking at the powerbomb header

I want o know if it makes a differance

please comment

I have the Powerbomb Header and the Q2 and use this for pre-running and trail use. The simple answer is it's lighter than stock but no real seat of the pants, noticable power gain. However, it does give you a good balance of power; Good torque and good top end. If you want top end then the Pro Circuit or XR's only is better but you lose some of the low end.

I don't want to lose any low end.

so Should I not even think about a header pipe powerbomb

Yes Xrs Only Is Payapal Only And Did No Answer My Emails

I Will Avoid Them At All Cost

I've got the powerbomb and power core 4, granted it's on an 87 XR600R, but I really like it, and made a huge improvement on the "butt dyno."

-Dan

Ciao pgiinc, I put the FMF powerbomb header pipe and I tested it on Soft-Engine Dynamometer.

This is the result...........

grafico_potenza_tt.jpg

.........the black curve refer to stock configuration and....

.........the green curve refer to FMF powerbomb pipe header with stock silencer.

From the graphic I removed two curves which refer to other upgrades.......(see its later......)

thanks RC for the info

I am going to forget about it

Is the FMF Q2 more or less restrictive than a stock exhaust with the HRC spark arrestor?

I've got my bike fully HRC uncorked, with a cut out side panel, & stock exhaust. Besides the size of the stock exhaust, I have no complaints about it's power, or it's noise. I'm guessing I'm a bit over the 96 dBl limit, but I'm not willing to give up any power. Besides, in Colorado, I have yet to hear of anyone getting noise tested by a ranger.

Anyways, I was just wondering which you people think is less restrictive? FMF Q2, or Stock/HRC Tip?

well I think the HRC flows pretty good I just took it off and install the Q2 and it flows a lot also but it sounds better and makes less noise and is 2.3 pounds light and looks better

Yesterday I forgot the torque curves.

There they are:

grafico_coppia_tt.jpg

Ciao Piero