Sign in to follow this  

2002 kdx200 carb?

I just bought a 2002 kdx 200 for $1100.00 (what a deal!!!:worthy: ) Anyway when I was at the seller house he could not get it started (tank was dry). So I took it home anyway. I put a gallon of fuel and started firts crank:applause: warmed it up and took it for a ride. Sweet bike!!!

When I stopped I noticed that fuel was pouring from the hose off the bowl:excuseme:.

Anyone know what might cause this and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Steven

I just bought a 2002 kdx 200 for $1100.00 (what a deal!!!:thumbsup: ) Anyway when I was at the seller house he could not get it started (tank was dry). So I took it home anyway. I put a gallon of fuel and started firts crank:applause: warmed it up and took it for a ride. Sweet bike!!!

When I stopped I noticed that fuel was pouring from the hose off the bowl:excuseme:.

Anyone know what might cause this and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Steven

With a different bike (DRZ400K) I was riding out in the desert. I looked down and fuel was pouring out of my overflow tube. (I mean like almost a steady 1/8" stream of it!)

It was doing this whether the bike was running or not. I turned off the fuel and rode it dry twice...Still did it. When I got back to camp I opened up the fuel tank to put more fuel it and I heard a small rush of air come out...the tank was pressureized. I drove to the desert from about 300 foot elevation to about 4000'. I have one of those one-way valves in my fuel cap vent hose. the one way was working just as it should, not letting outside air in. Anyhow, after I opened that tank once, never had the problem again. John