Is the 07 tranny a problem?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they know about!And if it's a real issue they should recall the problem.

Thev'e already fixed or sent guy's new motors.Like mxdad said they might be trying to indentfy if its a certain vin number.

last five digits of vin#14808

Just read forum with interest as me and my mate both have 07s,his vin 14368, mine vin 14407,i have done 12 hrs, he has done 25 hrs 90% on supercross or motocross tracks at a fairly solid pace, neither of us have had any problems what so ever with our bikes,in fact he just had his valves checked yesterday and they were fine. We will be keeping a close eye on this thread!?

That's why I started this thread. After reading MXA and them saying they saw 2 with the problem, a local Team Green team that races the East coast SC and nationals telling me that Team Green gave them new clips to put in their bikes and one bike locally having the problem I wanted to know what was going on all over so I could know just how much of a problem it may be. I will be riding my 06 CRF over the winter and my 07 KXF will sit until spring so I don't put too much time on it before the race season even starts. I am following this closely so that I don't get caught off guard when I do start putting time on my new bike. Those of you in parts of the world that are not going into winter right now will be able to put more time on your bikes than those of us that are. That is one of the things that makes TT so good. We can get input from all over the world.

Wishing you all a very merry holiday season!!!!!

That's why I started this thread. After reading MXA and them saying they saw 2 with the problem, a local Team Green team that races the East coast SC and nationals telling me that Team Green gave them new clips to put in their bikes and one bike locally having the problem I wanted to know what was going on all over so I could know just how much of a problem it may be. I will be riding my 06 CRF over the winter and my 07 KXF will sit until spring so I don't put too much time on it before the race season even starts. I am following this closely so that I don't get caught off guard when I do start putting time on my new bike. Those of you in parts of the world that are not going into winter right now will be able to put more time on your bikes than those of us that are. That is one of the things that makes TT so good. We can get input from all over the world.

Wishing you all a very merry holiday season!!!!!

I started this thread please go back and look at the first post.

You guys are asking questions that truly no one can awnser.. If you want to wait then wait but you run the risk of being behind in compition..

If you cant wait then you run the risk of getting a problem child.. In all reality you run that risk with EVERY MX bike by EVERY MANUFACTURE..

Good luck...... Unless people start posting pictures with thier problems I'm just gonna shrug it off. cause people could think a blown engine due to putting wrong gas was caused by a cam chaintensioner that took out the transfer case and that caused the fluxcapasitor to blow its capacitence.

Good answer ! well me and my mate just did another 1hr each today of flogging the hell out of these green beasts! either of us yet to have a problem, we are both very hard on our bikes, no clutch up through the gears max revs, and pretty much treat them like a 2 banger ,fingers crossed no problems here only grins of how fast these things are for a 250!!!:devil:?

Well sunday I went riding in some small dune off lake michigan in Michigan City Indiana. Got in a section of nothing but soft sand with out paddle tires. Everything is PERFECT. allthough I did knotice after rading the review from TWMX mag about the shifting being knotchy which mine is. Nothing to annoy me. Ohh and it came in second out of 5 bikes tested with the 07rmz being LAST and the honda being first only because of the notchy shifting.

There was another area of some little bit harder medium sand whoops in a figure eight pattern about 800ft long was buzzing through them wot in 3rd These whoops were around what Supercross has.. Tranny stil perfect..

Ohh and on my riding trip sunday, I managed to do a U turn on a railroad crossing to go to the other side of the tracks. Well while on the pavement I tapped the front brake to hard and down I went.. Brused my left wrist realy badly. Broke my clutch lever, and somehow broke my hotstart cable..

Other then that my 07 and 05 kx's did great in the sand.

i am about to pick up my 07, is this the same problem bubba stewart had on his 450 when he went over the bars sickeningly, you could see that something had grenaded in the motor/gearbox

has anybody had the problem in australia or is it confined to a batch that went to the u.s

could be what we call here a friday bike when the interest of the builder was wandering after a long weeks work, had a mate with a friday ktm450sx do his gearbox

i am about to pick up my 07, is this the same problem bubba stewart had on his 450 when he went over the bars sickeningly, you could see that something had grenaded in the motor/gearbox

has anybody had the problem in australia or is it confined to a batch that went to the u.s

could be what we call here a friday bike when the interest of the builder was wandering after a long weeks work, had a mate with a friday ktm450sx do his gearbox

For what ever reason bubbas bike grenaded it has nothing to do with production bikes. the transmission in his bike is made by kawasaki heavy industries and you can't get them period.

second this transmission problem as you obviously have not read this thread. seems to be a phantom. No one has actuly posted any proof that it's a reacurring same problem. Like I stated before just because 1 or 2 people have simular problems and post it online. That doesn't mean that every bike will blow up... There has been people talking about cam chain tensioners causeing the transmission to lock up.. now how in the hell can that be?

So in reality this thread serves no purpose other then to scare people.

Photographs are allowed in a court setting..... hear-say, is not....

See thats the thing.. I'm not saying no ones transmission blew up, how ever this is not a widespred problem, as it would be plastered everywhere and there would be EVIDENCE I.E. pictures, parts recipts, labor recipts. ect.. ect..

Thats the problem with the internet, it causes widespred panic instead of being helpfull..