Sign in to follow this  

DRZ500 Concept ...

I'm having Big Gun mod my E motor, (head work,full exh sys, 94.5 overbore,K&N air filt) . This ? is for Eddie, do you think I really need a 41mm FCR carb. Is the perf gain negligable or does it really make that much difference?

yes,huge difference.

a better pipe than the big gun will be a good choice as well.

Thnx Eddie. Great. Now for more pouring of cash into the money pit! Now I'll have to start doing research to find what extra parts I'll need to fit it to my E motor; cables,manifold,clamps,etc,,,, .

you basically need a 41mm fcr-mx and some S/SM throttle cables.

you use you currnet intake manifold,intake bell etc.

yer man do it for sure and please write a report or some thing cause im thinking of doing some thing like that on my drz

oh and add a price list just so we can c how much it costs you

go ride a crf 450.they make superior power stock.

The bike I looked at the hardest was the XR650R - taking it up to 680cc. It has the oil capacity of the DRZ that I like and it makes scary HP based on one we rode while back in the Mojave between Edwards AFB and LA last spring. However, its still a heavy bike; just slightly more so than the DRZ. It doesn't do well in tight technical terrain with big elevation changes - unless your'e suicidal. And no button.

I've pretty much decided on going the KTM 570 route. I've ridden one and it was pretty impressive. I'm still not much of a KTM fan however.

I love the relaibility of the DRZ. I'll never get rid of the current one. My ideal bike would be a 500cc DRZ, 47-50 hp with good bottom/mid and weighing in at <260 lbs. Then it would be worth it to upgrade the front and rear suspension. Even better would be to be able to do this on 93 octane pump gas; its a pain to carry a couple of 30 gal drums of VP in the trailer for a weeks worth of riding.

If this could be done and kept under $11K (including engine blue print) it would be worth it.

So Im gonna need to start saving for a 41mm FCR after my 470 stroker is done ? Ah well.....guess im gonna have a 39mm and some E cams and a stage 2 intake hotcam on the for sale list.:thumbsup:

oops, sorry. just realized you are selling your fcr39. Guess I better let the coffee kick in b4 I engage my mouth. Anybody else interested? PM me. Thnx & have a great ride this weekend. You're all riding, right?

No, no, I'm selling my FCR39.

Dang, we're going to flood the market and drive prices down!:thumbsup:

Anyhow, will the James Dean jet kit still work with the 41? Where do they pop up for sale? I've got "S" cables and an "E" intake boot, so I should be able to swap right on over, right?

Oh, do these 41s come with choke?

Mine will be up for sale too. None in stock at the TT Store right now. When Eddie says this -

yes,huge difference.

my wallet flys out of my pocket and a waiting list starts at the store :thumbsup:

The 41 will have people wishing to go to 11k rpm again... the cycle begins anew....

oops, sorry. just realized you are selling your fcr39. Guess I better let the coffee kick in b4 I engage my mouth. Anybody else interested? PM me. Thnx & have a great ride this weekend. You're all riding, right?
Hi bens25 , I'll have a39FCR for sale off of my E mdl pretty soon. U get 1st dibs on it . $300.(us) PM me if interested.

Haha, yep selling. (Having my morning coffee

No, no, I'm selling my FCR39.

Dang, we're going to flood the market and drive prices down!:thumbsup:

Mine will be for sale in Australia so im guessing you wont have to worry about mine unless demand is high.

Mine will be up for sale too. None in stock at the TT Store right now. When Eddie says this -

my wallet flys out of my pocket and a waiting list starts at the store :thumbsup:

The 41 will have people wishing to go to 11k rpm again... the cycle begins anew....

No sh!t

It's all good. I don't think we'll have any problems selling the 39's to S/SM owners. Even though the TT kit fits better, you can make the E one work as well with the rite parts.

Well, fellas............. Who want's to help build a 500cc DRZ?

I got a used Athena cylinder and piston kit off of a quad guy. He kept having crank issues and the shop kept telling him it was the big bore. I picked the thing up CHEAP. In most cases I couldn't have gotten a stock cylinder and piston for the price I got the Athena kit.

But here is my plan. I have the kicker in the basement, I'm going to put the 94.5mm bore on it and get this one bored out to 97mm. I contacted Thumper Racing, nice guys by the way, they said they can get me a 97mm Weisco piston kit and gasket set for a good price.

Anyone want to help a bit in the R&D of the project? Are there any folks out there that can cut oversized valves for a descent price?

I have RHC cams, TRC pipe, 41mm FCR, stroker bottom end. Anyone want to help? Or should I just have this cylinder punched out to 95.5 and worry about it later?