Cycle World Motorcycle Show

This thread is great. I can't believe someone actually tried to defend Harley's on a dirt bike forum - if you reply a few more times maybe you can win the argument?

Many good points made above, love the one about harley riders going out and buying leather and tassels to be rebels & at what point do they realize they're conformist and not rebels? well said. Joke's on you Johnny Reb.

My 0.02 is that Harley's are art, not bikes. They represent a lifestyle and not a sport. The lifestyle they represent is overweight and drunk. The bikes are beautiful, I'll give you that. But the vast majority of the harley crowd couldn't ride a motorcycle for ability to save their life. And more importantly they have no respect for anyone else. I was at the Rolling Thunder rally in Washington DC this year and last and I saw many beautiful bikes, many great people. I enjoyed seeing all the bikes, people and even the loud ass pipes. But if you're going to have loud pipes then you should only ride your bike at events designated for such. Don't get loud pipes for something you're going to ride everyday. I had an asshat neighbor that would do the same thing every day. What a dumbass. Loud pipes piss off people and just because you enjoy walking around with a scowl on your face doesn't mean everyone else does.

Now, to whoever keeps trying to hijack this thread with talk of Husky and FI, pls stop, we're having a great discussion on the two oldest bike manufacturers in the world.?

I like my Harley, 91 fxrsp, vance & hines pipe and works performance shocks. Not really into the lifestyle or fashion thing , usually wear my MX helmet when I ride or a full face arai. My bike is only loud when revved, I can cruise around town and go completely unoticed .Yeah its slow, but thats okay, I have the most fun at about 45-50 mph on a nice back road, letting the tourque pull me from corner to corner. I love the sport bikes but they seem like they would only get you into trouble unless you were at the track. I love all motorcycles and would take one of each if possible. Oh yeah did anybody mention resale.

...a Harley Rider doing Math.....NOW THATS FUNNY!............

Wait, I thought they were mostly accountants? ? I have two straight pipe guys in my neighborhood and I must say, I found this thread most enjoyable to read. So many gems to choose from but "asshat neighbor" did it for me.

On the fashion thing.... Went to BBQ/Blues joint for dinner ride with local Euro shop. It was early June and still cold, we pull up and only a few bikes and fewer Harleys. I think it'll be easy to get a table, but the place is packed with people in leather vests, chaps and bandanas! They drove there "cages" as they like to say, but wore their "uniforms". If they all rode there, the bikes would have been 1/2 mile lined up down the road. I always picture it like induction in the old days. You go down the Quartermasters line.... black jeans, check; Sturgis Tee, check, black vest, check; etc, etc.

This what makes the world go around. I like my Harley too! It's been a great motorcycle! As far as the lifestyle. I have a black leather jacket and chaps. They serve a purpose. (Keeping out cold air). The color dcoesn't mean naything to me. I have ridden off-road for over 30years and love my husky. I also like to drink some beer and look at naked women! Noise is something that ticks people off. I recently took the Vance and Hines pipe off of my Harley because it was too loud. But Harleys aren't the only thing that is noisy. Jap bikes with 4into1 headers can be loud too. As far as power to weight ratio Harleys vs 600 sport bikes that's just sying that power is the only measure of what is valuable. I wear a helmet 95% of the time but I like it that I don't have to wear it always.

I like my Harley, 91 fxrsp, vance & hines pipe and works performance shocks. Not really into the lifestyle or fashion thing , usually wear my MX helmet when I ride or a full face arai. My bike is only loud when revved, I can cruise around town and go completely unoticed .Yeah its slow, but thats okay, I have the most fun at about 45-50 mph on a nice back road, letting the tourque pull me from corner to corner. I love the sport bikes but they seem like they would only get you into trouble unless you were at the track. I love all motorcycles and would take one of each if possible. Oh yeah did anybody mention resale.

<snip> As far as power to weight ratio Harleys vs 600 sport bikes that's just sying that power is the only measure of what is valuable. <snip>

Power's not everything, handling, stopping, fuel mileage, reliability, etc. Any one of them will be better on a modern 600 than a Harley.

But that's OK, heck, some guys like fat chicks even though they don't compare well in many catagories with regular gals.

Fat girls need love too.

Power's not everything, handling, stopping, fuel mileage, reliability, etc. Any one of them will be better on a modern 600 than a Harley.

But that's OK, heck, some guys like fat chicks even though they don't compare well in many catagories with regular gals.

Hey there cowboy saw the same booth the sm 450 was talking to me. it said i need it`s big brother the 510. i also talked to paul lima and balz. but paul and balz are from different dealers. really liked the huskys.does any body have any opinons on them.

I would like to know more about the INT.Motorcycle show, is it worth going to? There is one coming to the DC area in January that i was thinking of going to. Iwould like to hear more on this subject then people complaning about Harley Davidsons. I think the motorcycle show is what this post was originally about but it turned out to be a complaint about HD instead. This is why I hate reading a long thread on TT because it usually turns in to be something none related. I have learned a lot here on TT, but I could learn a lot more if people whoud stick to the subject posted.

Go to it if you love bikes! Thats the main reason to attend. Not just Huskys, but all bikes. I visit the Suzuki and Buell sections as well for their two big 1000cc dual sport bikes. Love those bikes too. Last year, got to see the Honda air bag deployed. Fun for the day. Just eat something before you go in. Food can be expensive (at least here in California). Write up a thread when you get back home:thumbsup: .

I had to work this year when the show was in Long Beach. Would have loved to meet some of the Husky USA people that I talk to on the phone or by email that came out from PA:ride: (Regina, Bonnie, Rob again). A buddy brought home the Buell brochures for me:thumbsup: . Steny