06 525exc how to make it go Faster

Start off with a trip to KTMtalk.com

If you simply want more top end speed, switch to 15/45 gearing. You can easily pull 65-70 in 5th, and 6th gets you to 100mph quick.

Stock power is around 48-50 hp, pretty damn good if I do say so myself.

Tongue in cheek answer "Lose Weight" (But seriously, how much would you have to spend to shave 10 pounds off your bike? $$$$)

Check out "Carb setup 101" and "AC Pump setup" in the jetting forum. I really like the O-ring & Honda diaphram mods a lot! Maybe not "faster" but definitely better response.

Then think HighComp piston, Race Gas, 540cc Kit, cams. and stroker crank to get you around 578cc. You will probably want a 40mm FCR like the 525 SixDays / 625 SM run at that point.

Do you really need 60+ hp in a dirtbike?

This is not like some wossy dual purpose bike where you buy a pipe and get more power, its already pretty much race ready. The best power gain per dollar is;

540 kit with 12.5 to 1 compresion

minor head mods, oversize valves and a nice valve job.

some minor carb and accelerator pump mods

Your well under a grand and they run very very good

I got a 540 motor with a stroker crank on in, making it at least a 570..... it was an sxs that i painstakingly converted into an exc with ac start and a close ratio 5th and 6th gear.... honestly..... i should have gotten a 525 instead. There's just too much power... even a 525 has loads of power...a 15/45 sprocket combination does give you a top end of about 100mph...maybe more. Dwight is correct, i think he mentioned his gearing to be at 14/52.... balistic acceleration, and a bit far from modest top end..

with the 525 in its stock 14/48 combination....my advice.... HANG ON:ride: ?

my 525 has everything stock except for the fmf factory 4.1...this exhaust gave it an insane amount of power even though it will barely be used..you can change the number of teeth on the front and rear sprockets if you want more top end...down in the back up in the front...but only if u really want to go over 100 mph...but how often would you do this?! the 525 is a crazy bike as it is.

iiii sujest you botl a yzf 1000 ( r1 ) engine st8 in ya ktm frame throw full arrow pipe, water pump cover, 16 x 52 s' set, titanium bolt's through out, guard's to protect the engine, and hit 170 on your local dirt track.. .... only jokiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnn .. just change your pipe and sprocket's! a 525 is sick man you musnt be teddying it enought"!!!!1 haha