Sign in to follow this  

4 wheel drive needed at glamis/pismo

No, but if you don't know how to drive on the sand or read it to avoid the soft spots, you'll be sorry. For a price, there are usually plenty of people that will pull you out.:thumbsup:

I took a chevy S-10 with two dirt bikes,an atc,loads of firewood and camping gear for three,gas for three bikes and I managed to get it out there on Pismo beach at 2 am.Next day saw a couple of cars and a Cadillac cruising the beach.

i wouldnt say necasary(where the hell is the spell check) but probably a good idea , if you dont have it , ive heard the is peole there to pull you out

plenty of places to camp at glamis on hardpack , s.e. of the store or on pavement at ghekko, you must pay to camp, so much for your greensticker money

just watch the tides at Pismo. I've seen too many cocky people (read dumbasses) in jacked up city trucks try to cross at mid-high tide and, well, even with 38's, your truck still doesn't have a snorkel. There are lots of places to go where you don't need to cross ater, though...

just watch the tides at Pismo. I've seen too many cocky people (read dumbasses) in jacked up city trucks try to cross at mid-high tide and, well, even with 38's, your truck still doesn't have a snorkel. There are lots of places to go where you don't need to cross ater, though...

Yep, the tides can screw you up big time. I've seen people come in and park at night when the tide was out only to wake up and find their axles under water. Trying to go past the main parking area and into the dunes in a 2-wheel drive vehicle usually ends up in disappointment, as well.

My one legged Dodge ram 1500 with BFG All Terrains aired down to about 12psi will travel to comp hill no problems at pismo.... Well with a heavy foot.... Dont go into any bowls though.

ditto on the tides. watch where you park on the beach too because the water can come up to your car/ moho. The water during hide tide gets deep so watch out. As already stated, air down your tires and you will be fine. Have and watch out for drunk quaders :thumbsup: