05 WR250 Parted Out

A friend of mine helped this guy disassemble an 06 KTM 300 XCW. Then sold it out in parts. He made more money that way,than selling the bike. Whats the chances an 05 WR250 would bring more money that way or is there more of a demand for KTM parts? I talked to the Yamaha dealer that I bought the bike from and he said its worth about 4000.00 to 4300.00. I guess I'll have to do some research. The bike is in excellent condition.

05 WR250F

T-4 Pro Circuit

Works Connection Radiator Braces

Acerbies Hand Guards

JD Jetting

S-12s

Twin Air

Free Mods

Typically parts are worth more. Especially aftermarket parts: you would get more selling them by themselves than they would add to the value of a complete bike. Take a look around E-Bay and see what things are going for, but I bet you could get good $$ for motor, suspension, wheels etc.

I'll check it out, but anyone who wants to put their two cents in on what they think the value of individual parts would be. That would be very helpful.Thanks:thumbsup:

I just won an 05 YZ Exhaust for $1.00.

Be carefull how little you will let parts go for. That is the danger of auctions. Mostly though you will get more than you expect.

Since you asked what things are worth....

I paid $490 (with shipping) for a complete set of wheels with rotors, sprocket, bearings, seals, axles, and spacers, they even had good rubber on them. I thought it was a deal. I didn't get them thru ebay, I bought them from a fellow TTer.

I often see whole bikes parted out on eBay, most often by salvage companies that specialize in this. What you have to consider is the time and effort it takes to sell a bike this way. There is the time and cost to disassemble the bike, photograph and list all the items, wait for the auctions to run their course, package and ship each item sold, relist the items not sold, wait for your money from each auction, deal with the individual headaches created by stupid eBayers (there are many of them), and all the various hassles associated with a project of this size. It could take months to sell off the majority of the parts. If you have the patience and intestinal fortitude, perhaps this is the way to go. But for me, I'd prefer to get all my cash in one lump sum and be done with it. How much is your time worth? You'll be using a lot of it if you part the bike out. You may find that even if you end up with more money than if you sold the bike complete, it wasn't worth the time and effort it took.:thumbsup:

Yea, I know it would be a pain in the but.I got about four weeks before I go back to work. I'm just looking at another option. WRs aren't in high demand around here. Everybody seems to be jumping on the KTM band wagon. I think I'm getting ready to jump on that wagon. But the new WRs are pretty sweat.

I parted my 01 YZ426 out over a year ago. I could not sell it for more than $2000 locally so parting made me more money. I still have half the parts and parts are going for less then $10.00 on ebay. (Swing Arms, Linkage, Forks & Sub Frames) I can get more at the recyclers than on ebay for most parts.:thumbsup:

If you can take off and sell the after market parts and get $4000 for the bike locally.... Sell it as one bike and spend those extra four weeks drinking beers in your empty garage:thumbsup: Then go buy your new bike.

I'll take the brake rotors if you part it out

How much for the hand guards? What condition are they in? I have Pro taper suzuki bend bars.

how much for ther rad braces

Also, what are S-12's?

PICS!!

I parted my 01 YZ426 out over a year ago. I could not sell it for more than $2000 locally so parting made me more money. I still have half the parts and parts are going for less then $10.00 on ebay. (Swing Arms, Linkage, Forks & Sub Frames) I can get more at the recyclers than on ebay for most parts.:thumbsup:

If you can take off and sell the after market parts and get $4000 for the bike locally.... Sell it as one bike and spend those extra four weeks drinking beers in your empty garage:thumbsup: Then go buy your new bike.

Right. Your best bet is usually to put the bike back to stock and sell it complete, and sell the aftermarket stuff individually.

For one thing, when selling a bike the hop-up parts usually don't add much to the price, especially relative to how much you paid for all of it originally. I think part of that is we all have different taste in mods, so unless your bike has the exact mods a buyer wants, they don't mean much to him.

How much for the hand guards? What condition are they in? I have Pro taper suzuki bend bars.

how much for ther rad braces

Also, what are S-12's?

PICS!!

Hand guards have the usual scuff marks. 50.00 or 60.00

Braces have been modified to prevent from buckling 40.00

Michelin S-12 tires

what kind of bars do you have on it? Do you have any pics of your setup?

What do you want for the rear shock, minus the spring?

-Rick

Renthal Bars

To be honest I haven't looked to see what the value of these parts would be

Or how much I can get for them.

this is turning into a forsale ad and those are a big no-no.

put the parts 4sale in the classified section.