Hello, my bike and I

Hello, I I'm honored to join your site! Looks like lot a lot of fun!?

Well, a little about me. I'm Austen, I'm 17 years old and I've bee riding since I was 9 years old. I learned on our old 1972 Honda cl100 for a couple years and then for a Christmas present back in 2002, my parents bought me a Honda XR200R. Last year January, my parents my dad wanted me to upgrade into a dual sport bike so he and I could ride on the road together and hit the trails that way rather than having to trailer the bikes every where we went. On Ebay, we got a great deal on a 1999 Honda XR650L that 1200 miles on it for for about $3800 that was about an hour away, we really lucked out on the deal I guess you could say. After that, we sold my XR200. It has some modifications to it such as the carburator has been modified to burn more fuel which equalls more power, but the distance on a full tank is pathedic. About 60-65 miles tops on one tank which is not very good for when you're in the mountains on the trails for obvious reasons. It's also got a White Brothers pipe on it which sounds great too and also has the Acribis guards on it, a bigger rear sproket and a custom made skit plate. I've put about 600 miles on it so far so it's nearing 2000 miles. Over this summer, I took and extensive motorcycle training coarse to get my motorcycle endorsment which I got. Any way, I won't ramble on and on, but here's my bike.

bikexy0.png

motorcyclelf5.png

Oooh, that 280 in the background looks nice. ? As does the bike. :devil: I've got an '84 Yamaha IT200, which on a gravel road, spins out everytime I shift (with nearly new back tire). For vehicles, I'm set on buying a VW Jetta, Passat, Golf, or GTI. Or Corrado, if it was in good shape. New style Jettas are getting more into my price range; I found a '99 5sp new Jetta for $3400. By the end of next summer I'll be able to afford one. Is your 280 turbo? Auto or manual?

• 1 year later...