Who's been riding 30 years?

Just getting back into riding after a few years off while my kids were babies. My first bike was an Arctic Cat 50 with a Sachs 2 speed auto when I was about 10 so around 1978. A friend just got his first bike and my pal who got me hooked on riding at 8-9 is riding again also. Been having fun just like the old days when we were kids. Just way faster!

• Like 1

My first bike was a Honda trail 50. I was four years old when I first started riding it. I could not touch the ground when I sat on it, or even the foot pegs for that matter. My dad would get me going on it and then sit on a lawn chair and read the paper while I rode around in circles. Then when I wanted to stop I would tell him and he would jump up and catch me so I wouldn't fall over. That was a long time before you saw training wheels on minibikes. Back in my day, us kids had to learn the hard way! (Insert old man undertone here) Lol! So that makes me an official 30 year club member as of last month. Damn I'm getting old....

First bike was a 1984 XR80.Then I graduated to a 88 XR200 for Christmas when I was 13. Best Christmas ever! After that my dad got tired of me always riding his XR250, so he bought a "spare" that I took over. Man those bikes were fantastic woods bikes, but I wanted more. So I moved up to a 98 Yamaha WR400. That lasted for a while but when it was time for a new top end and valves... Well it got me into my first two stroke, a 2000 KTM 380 MXC. Man I have been blessed having a Dad that was into bikes and patient enough for me to take years to keep up....kinda (Dad was a fast A rider).

Edited by trailrydr9

First dirt bike in 73, had a gap of 6 years between Maico250 and the XR650 with no dirt bike, so I've been riding dirt bikes for 35 years. It is great, but I wish I could find more people my age with the same passion to ride with. Most my friends are only allowed to ride1 day a week.

• 1 month later...

Great question. back in 1971 my new friend got a sears Mini bike with a B&S pull start and scrub break,followed by a 1972 Yamaha DT80 owned by another friend, then finally , i came home from a Little League  baseball game in 1973 to a New Honda XR75 of my own, and have been riding ever since.

The first bike I ever bought was a brand new 1974 Yamaha DT125 and I paid $329 for it and it had electric start.

Not being a smart azz but the DT'S didn't have e-start. The AT'S were the only ones with e-start and they only came in the 125 cc.