where to put your iPod when riding

I tuck my ipod shuffle (old style) into my kidney belt. Stays put. My k.belt is under my jersey and my jersey is tucked in btw. (i also have a under the jersey chest protector style jacket thing).

I also have roadraced with my ipod in for practice. While I race WITHOUT it, I find for practice it's mint. You have to turn it up almost full volume, but once you are riding the bike noise (mx) and wind noise (roadracing) almost mute it out.

I have zero trouble hearing my bike, my engine, or other bikes around me. You'd be surprised.

• 1 year later...

I don't think I would use an Ipod go buy a couple of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/4GB-SLIM-MP3-MP4-FM-VIDEO-RADIO-PLAYER-Free-GIFT_W0QQitemZ320308854744QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320308854744&_trkparms=72%3A1234|39%3A1|66%3A4|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

It probably would only last about 6 months but hey if you fall and destroy it your only out a few bucks.

a friend of mine has his zip tied to the bottom side of his visor and it works well for him. i love listening to music while im riding. which i always sing when i ride, not sure why but i do. just a habit i guess. but when im in the zone im always singing so i really like having an ipod when i ride

I've tried the music and riding thing. I hated it, My opinion. I'd try and ride then forget about the music, then i'd try and listen to the music but forget about the riding part. Maybe I can't multitack or something? haha

Anyways, what I did was found a old cell phone case laying around, Bought a big patch of velcro, then velcro-ed it to the back of my helmet and just slid it right in the case, it was really tight fit so it never came out, only tried it 2 times but still never moved. Then I ran bought some ear plugs and ran them through my helmet and to my ears. never put them in my ear but I could still hear the music.

HAHA! Last Dec I was riding Ocotillo Wells and went for a putt with the Ipod. I went 15 miles out of camp all the way to the Gas Domes, and the batteries gave out. So no tunes. I continued to ride in that area and almost endo'd off hill, but saved it. When I got back to camp...no Ipod. It was a new 80 gig one too! Next morning, I took off for the same spot with dim hopes of ever finding the $300 bugger. Wouldn't you know it, I was in 3rd, and something caught my eye! It was a dollar bill stuck in the sand. Well, what the hey, I grab that...then...no way! My Ipod was 15 feet a way standing straight up in the sand! So, I thought that dollar bill was lucky, and eventually put it to good use by tucking it into the garter of a stripper!:D:worthy:

The arm band works for me very well, and I have a Nano (that I stole from my wife!haha) You are going to likely land on it wherever you have it, i.e. backpack, butt pack, etc. I would go with the arm band, since the arm protectors from the chest protector will cover it perfectly, and it would be unlikely for it to get broken anyway, due to its flatness and the thick neoprene holding it. My crappy cell phone has withstood hits in my jeans! Good luck, D.