07450f:initial break in period for valves?

i have a 07450f with approximately 7 hours on it. Four of those hours were hard riding. I know from my 250f that valve inspection is especially important after break in because thats when things are likely to change. I was wondering how many hours are considered "broken in" as far as valve specs are concerned. I dont want to do it too early and think my valves spec is fine and then two hours later have them tighten up. Thanks

well i did the mototune way for break in which i have done for last my three machines with no problems however i coulda swore i remember hearing that the valves are most likely to need slight adjustment after everything is broken in. If not, i probably wont be checking them til this time next season.

yeah, trust me i wont be dissapointed if there in spec. I gotta say im in love with this bike. Its everything i loved about my 250f but better and without any drawbacks. It feels just as light, if not lighter than my 250. Im not new to blue thumpers so if they were all good i would just pat myself on the back for purchasing another yamaha!

Myself and few friends 450f's all tightened before or around 10 hrs. It depends on how hard you ride, every bike is differnet also. Rode four-strokes since 01 and never heard of not ever having to adjust valves

Myself and few friends 450f's all tightened before or around 10 hrs. It depends on how hard you ride, every bike is differnet also. Rode four-strokes since 01 and never heard of not ever having to adjust valves

You have been riding Hondas, Right:p

I'm curious how difficult it is to check/adjust valves. On a scale of 1-10 how advanced is it and how easy is it to do more damage then good? Also, any special tools needed?

I now live in Mexico so it would be nice to know how to do it myself but I do go back to the States at least once a year so I can always bring it back if necessary.

You must be talking about a Honda. Yamaha knows how to build motors that last.

If you have a service manual, checking valves are relatively easy...especially after you do it once or twice. Just take your time and make sure you have a feeler gauge and a torque wrench and you should be good. Shimming the valves may take a little more skill but even that is pretty easy once you get used to it. I checked and shimmed my friends YFZ 450 quad in less than an hour.

If you have a service manual, checking valves are relatively easy...especially after you do it once or twice. Just take your time and make sure you have a feeler gauge and a torque wrench and you should be good. Shimming the valves may take a little more skill but even that is pretty easy once you get used to it. I checked and shimmed my friends YFZ 450 quad in less than an hour.

Stupid question but what's a feeler guage? I've got a torqure wrench and the service manual. Is there a how to post that you can link me to? It seems like there are always short cuts and easier ways then the manual lays out.