Crf250R Gas Tank On Crf250x ????

• 3 months later...
You will have a slightly wider X seat that overlaps with the R tank. Find a R seat also or just go with it.

This is one of the things I wanna do to my X(smaller gas tank) but will the R seat then not fit right on the rear bolts because it will be thinner then the X seat? Also, will I need to shroud guards or will they still fit the same?

The R OEM tank seems expensive, does anyone know a good aftermarket tank that would be the same size off the top of their head?

thanks.

Well after sitting on the R version, with the smaller gas tank, the bike is so much narrower in that area. I don't plan on it helping in less weight or anything, but to just make the shrouds not stick out to the sides as far.

The shrouds will still stick out the same. It just looks less packed under them.

This is one of the things I wanna do to my X(smaller gas tank) but will the R seat then not fit right on the rear bolts because it will be thinner then the X seat? Also, will I need to shroud guards or will they still fit the same?

The R OEM tank seems expensive, does anyone know a good aftermarket tank that would be the same size off the top of their head?

thanks.

It's not the rear of the seat where it bolts, that area is the same size. The difference in width is at the front of the seat where it meets the tank. There's a groove in the tank where the seat fits. With an R seat on an X tank, there is a gap between that lip and the seat. It's the opposite with an X seat on an R tank.

-JP