ESP Suspension???

Has anyone used ESP Suspension before? I hear the guy is great at setting up desert/grand prix.
IMO George (Owner of ESP) is one of the best suspension guys in ca. He has his own valveing specs and is really good at what he does. I would highly recomend him to anyone. I drove 2 hours to bring my forks to him.Just be honest about your riding abilities and what your looking to get out of your suspension. What I mean is don't tell him your a fast A rider if your not cause it will be too stiff, and vise versa if you only occasionly trail ride but hit the track up often don't ask for a plusher ride(soft).?

Just picked up my wifes bike from him today. I think George has a lot going for him. Not only does he know what he's doing. The customer service is #1. If you call the shop your talking to him. Not someone that can't answer questions for you. If you need the bike tomorrow, I don't know if he can get it back to you that soon. When I took our bike in he had about 25 to 30 bikes in the shop. That tells me he's good at what he does. I would suggest calling him, or going in to see his shop. The shop was real nice, and so were all the guys working in it. I will be taking my 450X in to him soon when I get a little more $.

I give ESP ?:devil:

• Like 1

Not only does he know what he's doing, the customer service is #1. If you call the shop your talking to him. Not someone that can't answer questions for you.

Truer words were never spoken! I bought my WR from a guy who had George do the suspension. I rang him up, told him about the bike and rider, and how my size, weight, and style were different, and George told me what settings to run. Not "Bring it down and I'll set it up for you..." but "Try going in 2 clicks on this and out a click there, and set the sag at this..." He really stands by his work, and wants to be sure his customers are always happy. When it's time for a rebuild, you bet he'll get my business!

Truer words were never spoken! I bought my WR from a guy who had George do the suspension. I rang him up, told him about the bike and rider, and how my size, weight, and style were different, and George told me what settings to run. Not "Bring it down and I'll set it up for you..." but "Try going in 2 clicks on this and out a click there, and set the sag at this..." He really stands by his work, and wants to be sure his customers are always happy. When it's time for a rebuild, you bet he'll get my business!

+1

George and ESP are top notch. Their attention to detail is excellent and they get it right the first time. I'm very happy to give them all of my business.

R

I second what everyone else has said about ESP. I bought a used 250F with suspension done by ESP, even though it was setup for the previous owner, a couple of clicks on rebound and compression and I was very happy with the suspension.

Has anyone used ESP Suspension before? I hear the guy is great at setting up desert/grand prix.

You cant beat ESP. George is one of the best at what he does. He has done all my bikes except the new 07 YZ450 but that will soon get his treatment also. If you call him to set up an appointment it normally takes about 3 days to get your bike back. Your also pretty close to him so thats another plus. You wont be dissappointed with his work.?

Matt,

I weigh 200 #'s and George set up my suspension for me on my last 2 bikes. He's awesome. Very knowledgeale and not out there to just make a quick buck. Call him and pick his brain. I did and he patiently answered everything. Like someone said before, he suggested some settings to the stock suspension before he did any work. How can you beat that.

Two ?:devil: for ESP

Doesn't hurt that I live 1/4 mile away from his shop ?

I agree with all said. Be honest about your (Riding) weight, the terrain, and what you like to do. I was plowing trenches in the tops of whoops with the 650. Not anymore. Best investment I ever made in the BRP, and George knows his stuff.

I mention "Riding" weight above. You gotta count your gear, boots, helmet, and pack if you ride with one. That can easily be 25 pounds or more if you have a big camelback.

The ONLY complaint I have is my Green Sticker got sacrificed when one of the technicians pulled the forks out of the clamps, and I was to ride the day after I got the bike back. Of course, we got checked at Roher Flat that day. Cost me a trip to the DMV for replacement. BUT - Even that was worth it for the amount ESP flattened the desert (And Trails) for me. For most of us, suspension is an area you can throw a lot of money into, and have a snake-oil salesman gladly accept it, then add said product to your forks! Not the case with these guys. Take your hard-earned duckets to George at ESP and you cannot go wrong. You will sleep well at night, and ride well by day.

Merry Christams Etc. to All

The ONLY complaint I have is my Green Sticker got sacrificed when one of the technicians pulled the forks out of the clamps, and I was to ride the day after I got the bike back.

NAW, that's why you need to read the paper work from DMV. If I remember right, it shows you the sticker goes below the triple clamp. ? Don't feel bad, I put mine in the same place as you.

• 5 years later...

Super nice guy and nice shop, but every set of his suspension that I've gone through I've been left wondering &%$#@! people were paying for with a revalve exactly. Factory peen still on the midvalves and main pistons, even when bumping up a few springrates...means stiffer with the same rebound damping.

I hear more good things about his motor work rather than the suspension work.

Super nice guy and nice shop, but every set of his suspension that I've gone through I've been left wondering &%$#@! people were paying for with a revalve exactly. Factory peen still on the midvalves and main pistons, even when bumping up a few springrates...means stiffer with the same rebound damping.

I hear more good things about his motor work rather than the suspension work.

Myself and two others had the same experience. The 're-valve' was a change in pressure springs, and no release of factory punch marks on the mid or bottom.

Nice guy, connected to the best engineers and manfs, but I think some of his employees used to take shortcuts on suspension work...

The only thing I've ever seen George do himself is set the sag once you pick your bike up. I've taken three bikes to him and sent multiple friends to him and I've never seen him do anything else in the shop.

Like others have said, great guy. Of the three bikes I have taken to hi, two were spot on and one (the last one) was a complete miss... The front in was so soft in the rebound so slow that it dove hard into corners and was flat out dangerous on the street.