New 450f

Dude. I had an 03...the suspension is good on the 05s, alot better than the 03-04. If its one of those overstock brand new bikes, change the tires to the terrain you ride and put a better chain/sprocket set on there. I liked the way my 03 hit, but sometimes it was a little much. They solved that for the 05s, I want the 4 speed in my 06 . Get a stainless oil filter with an hour meter You'll save money

Yeah, trade it in for an 06 or 07.

Umm......whatever...

Great purchase! I moved up from a 99 to my '05 in Dec of '04, and I love it. I spank many of the '06's on my '05, and have had zero trouble. They're great bikes!! First thing, get rid of the stock chain, my suggestion is a good o-ring from Regina (great advice from Greyracer). Second, move the forks up to the first line (5mm) and you'll get better turning performance. Third, hourmeter....saves concern over when you've done what as far as maintenance goes. Can't really think of anything else right now....maybe fix the chain slider wear issue (do a search, Greyracer did an awesome explanation/repair). Oh, one other thing, get an updated fuel screw (Zip Tie racing has one through the TT store) and get the TT decomp plug replacement (stock one is weak).

Last, but NOT least, RIDE IT!!!

i just bought a new 05 yamaha

450 is there any thing i should know or do right away to it?

STOP!!!!! Speaking from experience, you should relube everything - especially the steering head with waterproof grease. Do a search - nothing comes with enought lube from the factory - most notably the steering stem and the linkage. I would do the wheels as well.

You can ride before you do this, but you should go through the entire bike during the first 10 to 15 hours. You won't be sorry.

This pretty much goes for all makes of MX bikes.

STOP!!!!! Speaking from experience, you should relube everything - especially the steering head with waterproof grease. Do a search - nothing comes with enought lube from the factory - most notably the steering stem and the linkage. I would do the wheels as well.

You can ride before you do this, but you should go through the entire bike during the first 10 to 15 hours. You won't be sorry.

This pretty much goes for all makes of MX bikes.

Exactly. The first thing you should do is tear the whole bike apart and lube everything. I would also pull the motor mount(s) and subframe bolts and use a drop of (blue) loc-tite on them. Make sure you check the spokes after the first ride too. ?