Sign in to follow this  

Can't get it up...

A full width "ATV" ramp makes all the difference in the world. Much safer and easier.

A full width "ATV" ramp makes all the difference in the world. Much safer and easier.

Do you mean to walk it up, or ride it up?

I too, am short! I use a tri fold ramp made by outland sports (that's what the label says). It came with the wifes quad and the wide width takes the fear out of loading. When exhausted after a day of riding, I often stand next to the DRZ and walk it up in 1st gear.

I have the real narrow fly folding ramp too. Walking the DRZ up that thing is next to impossible. I just ride it up in first gear while praying to god I don't bite it. It definitley gets the blood pumping!

:confused:

What I do is I use a milk crate or a 5 gallon bucket as a step. And with the bike bike running I carefully use the clutch to walk the bike up the ramp under its own power. It works really well for me :lol:

+1 on the step and power it up. My truck bed is 39" off the ground. Stock F-350 with 33 " tires. Unloading I use the front brake and step off the truck to same step.

Why even put it in the bed of the truck? I have a Sarge Industries carrier, and use it on different vehicles. It is easily a 1-person loading job, and you'll still have your bed free to haul gas cans, tools, and beer. This is the best $$ I've spent since I got my DRZ.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/product_p/si-450.htm :lol:

Spend the money on this ramp if you haul your bike a lot. I bought one like this and it was well worth the money. I load it by myself with no problems at all.:confused:

The girlfriend and I have the Harbor Freight 1200 lb. trailer. Excellent trl for the $300. My brother fabricated some wheel chocks and I bolted them onto it.

VERY solid and simple to bolt together. IF you have room for a folding stand up trailer. Get one, you'll be happy you did.. if not..

Another EXCELLENT option is TT's moto-rack.. Our Price: $314.10. either of these for same amount, but the trl needs a sheet of plywood. Not to mention a license plate.

I don't have any problem loading the bike I just ride it up my 6'x 18" ramp into the back of my 4x4 tundra,it's a little hairy the first few times because it is so steep but you get used to it(I even had a kid watching me load the bike one day say how cool it was :lol: ) but I had a harder time to unload it so I made another ramp fron a 2x10 with cleets across it for traction to walk down beside the bike