New Exhaust install help

I have a new Pitser X2R and I was putting on my FMF 4.1 system I received today and it seems clear the the mounting for the hanger on the new pipe does not work. Can I use the stock hanger or must I fashion a new one? Sorry if this is a dumb question, it just looks wierd to me.

Posner

The hanger that is riveted on the top of the pipe is too far forward to match up with the sub frame bolt hole. At first glance the stock hanger doesnt appear to work either(although I havent given it the full college try). Has anyone else had this same issue with the FMF system? Furthermore, It appears that the can is "wider" and that it will not fit under the stock number plate. What a POS.

I was riding an X2R all summer and was never able to find an aftermarket system that would "bolt right up." I took my subframe off and re welded it in the right position to match. I also had an xtreme frame and had to do the same thing. Hope that helps.

Just zip tie to the subframe or get it fabricated. How does the 4.1 go compared to the stock pipe?

The 4.1 system bolts up anterior to the stock attachment site on the subframe. Take a look at the photo I posted initially, and you should see the difference between the stocker and the 4.1

Posner

The 4.1 system bolts up anterior to the stock attachment site on the subframe. Take a look at the photo I posted initially, and you should see the difference between the stocker and the 4.1

Posner

How much better performance wise i am talking about.

Cheers

Mitch

here is a picture of the pipe on the bike. It would seem that if the hanger was rotated 180 degrees that the pipe would bolt right up. Is it possible FMF put the hanger on wrong?

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r260/Posner_2006/C7802FC0-9BC3-E514-7813EDC8E965B592.jpg

Posner

If I were you, Id whip out the tape measure and see if you simply drilled the rivets and flipped that thing if it would fit, because it sure does look close. If you were able to do that, it'd be a really clean install too.

If I were you, Id whip out the tape measure and see if you simply drilled the rivets and flipped that thing if it would fit, because it sure does look close. If you were able to do that, it'd be a really clean install too.

Thats what I was thinking looks like they put it on backwards.Like shawn said see if you can drill the rivets out flip it around and re rivet it.Looks like a sweet pipe give us a performance update when you get it all fabed up.