XR600R's

Owyhee , I had to get a set of springs from Cannon Race craft at the rate of .47. The stock 125 rate was .43. I rebuilt the forks with some new Moose seaks and wipers, and belray 10wt fork oil. Oh, and I also use a set of Recetech Gold valves.

Owyhee , I had to get a set of springs from Cannon Race craft at the rate of .47. The stock 125 rate was .43. I rebuilt the forks with some new Moose seaks and wipers, and belray 10wt fork oil. Oh, and I also use a set of Recetech Gold valves.

I'm doing some creative math (I work for the government as my day job) for my 600.

The PO of the CR500 was very short and very fat. He stuck a 6.0kg/mm spring on the back and I'm guessing that he did something similar with the forks.

Here's my creative math:

Owyhee (145lbs) + XR600 (285lbs) + 4 gallons of dino juice (30lbs) = 460lbs.

PO (250lbs or more) + CR500 (235lbs) + 2 gallons of Iraq's finest (15lbs) = 500lbs.

My hope is the PO sprung and valved it for his weight.

Sounds good enough for government work... and it'll have to do for now because I've been forbidden to spend any more money on the bike until I refinish the family room.

• Like 1

The XR seat is nice and comfy....why would you want to make it feel like all the 2x4 seats on the new bikes?

I wouldn't... But I also wouldn't dress my bike like a CRF450... But if I did I'd wanna follow through on all the design elements.

The XR seat is a bit wide though for serious riding... I have a new set of plastics and seat that I did some mild rounding and trimming that came out great for my XR650L. Just rounding the edges of the foam and triming the lower rear corners off the plastic make a huge improvement both in feel and looks.

dual_sport.gif

I've been racing GNCC's for 18 years and when I go out and do my serious fun riding and locale hare scrambles I always love that stock 600 seat. I only wish my race bikes had a seat that comfortable. I see it as an advantage for serious riding not a disadvantage.

You must be very bow legged... rotf.gif

BTW - Didn't see your bike... Post up !

Heres mine, just finished rebuilding it.New bottom end bearings,conrod,main trans shaft,3rd gear set,5th gear set,new rings,sprockets and chain.Now have to do the cam chain(doesn't pay to cut corners).looks a mess but just want it going again to ride then will clean the old girl up.

85XR600R2.jpg

85XR600R1.jpg

BTW ignore the date on the pics(forgot to reset it after charging batteries) and the damage on the muffler caused by previous owner when he highsided it.

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2086095530042187342zEJxUz

Heres my 94 XR600 I did up to look like the stunt bikes from the 70s TV shows. I put it together in 2001 when i can across a freshy fresh in some guy's shed, with a bunch of hop up parts from my old worn out 93 xr600 it was a good move. Cut down a Black CR 250 fender and i think Aceerbis had the rest in black as a kit.

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2207753800042187342znfyuK

I had the frame nickle plated, thats one step short of a full chrome job. These pics are before i added the full Yosh exhaust, skid and such. Its a 628 with the big fins mod, flat slide carb, 200 watt coil with optional BD full on baja race lights, scotts dampner, summers brace and seal savers. It will hold the wheel up forever but shes a but tired and needs at least a re ring again.

2306763560042187342UdpbNm_th.jpg

Wanna sell that Honda Pilot??

[Owyhee waxes nostalgic]

I had an ex-buggycross 1985 FL350R when I lived in Sacramento. It had nitrogen shocks, a light weight custom cage, water cooled head, high comp piston, etc. It was seriously fast.

One night someone stole it from off an Air Force base where it was parked. 12 years later, I'm still pissed.

[/nostalgia]

"O"