Bike seized?

Just riding along and the back wheel locked up and stalled. pulled the clutch in, let it out and it went. riding home it was down on power and cutting out but not stopping. got it home and it stopped. started again then stopped. now i cant even move the kick start. its got oil, but has fine filings in it.? anyone know?

stop trying to start it! pull the head off and have a look, if you think its seized then it probably is. Im not a 4 stroke expert, but im a gun at 2 strokes. mind you 2strokes are easy to pull the head off andhave a look at !

if your not sure take it to a local shop and get it looked at.

hope you fix it.

stop trying to start it! pull the head off and have a look, if you think its seized then it probably is. Im not a 4 stroke expert, but im a gun at 2 strokes. mind you 2strokes are easy to pull the head off andhave a look at !

if your not sure take it to a local shop and get it looked at.

hope you fix it.

Yea but what is seized? rings, crank, big end? not to clued up but might have a play with it to see whats up.

yea, a lot of filings. All through the filter to. The water had coolant in it. It doesn't usually use water and i checked it 5 hours ago. after this happened it was a long way down. i have started to pull it down, don't really know what I'm doing, but want to learn. can i simply pull the head off or is there a bit more to it? besides the gaskets.

Aluminium, real fine. Nope, was running fine and then just lost power and stopped within a minute. Ive got the cam cover and fly wheel cover off and spark plug out and can turn it with the crank bolt (tried once, not over and over). How do i take the cam chain off?

You probably need to remove the cam sprocket bolt(s) and the chain tensioner to remove the cam chain. Then make sure you have all the bolts removed that hold the head to the cylinder. It should slide off. If the bike wasn't making a knocking noise it is probably a siezed piston. Still tear it done and inspect everything. Buy a shop manual as that will give you step by step instructions and all the specs you will need.

After you remove the head you should be able to remove the cylinder. The cylinder may have some bolts that hold it to the bottom end that need to be removed.

Allen

Find your manual and use it. The Yamaha manuals are very good for disassembly and reassembly as long as you follow them and don't rush. Always make sure to double and triple check everything, before you go to the next step. If you don't you will be wishing you did after you start 'er up and she goes pop again very quickly. ?

Find your manual and use it. The Yamaha manuals are very good for disassembly and reassembly as long as you follow them and don't rush. Always make sure to double and triple check everything, before you go to the next step. If you don't you will be wishing you did after you start 'er up and she goes pop again very quickly. ?

You can find a manual on-line if you don't have the hardcopy.

Search and download.

Must be the weather, my 426 did it 2 weeks ago. The crank life is 200hrs. mine was well beyond that. Pulled the engine apart and the lower rod bearings are hammered. $355 for a new crank from Yamaha or about $280 to rebuild yours at lukesracing.com. Get a manual and do it yourself. It is not that complex of an engine and you will be better familiar with it when you are done. Good Luck!!!!!