Sign in to follow this  

honda fat cat

A friend had a FatCat and I had a BW350 when we were teenagers. Lots of fun in the snow and not bad in the dry, but they suck in sloppy mud. The balloon tires float too much and don't bite in mud and you have no stability at all. It's the only thing I've ever ridden where I wrecked by simply going straight down a smooth but muddy trail. Depending on the conditions, these bikes are either the best qualities of quads and dirtbikes combined, or the worst qualities of quads and dirtbikes combined. Usually more of the latter rather than the former.

My buddy has a mint BW200 he may be selling, brand new tires on it too, I believe he's asking $1500 Canadian

do you own that HawkGT??? :lol:

I wish. Mine's got three wheels.

Yep by brother had the BW by Yamaha growing up. It was fun to ride actually. You could ride in the snow and had great balance because of the low center of gravitiy and huge tires. I rode it more than my brother did.

We have an 86' BW200. Still chuggin along with minimal maintenance. The motor has really good chuggability, but no top speed. The balloon tires are really good in the technical stuff. Sometimes my dad even passes me just because he can roll of logs and big rocks without getting bounced around. It's a hoot to ride.

Our local hardware store used to sell brand new off-brand ones. I don't know if I would get one but they sold something similiar.

I found on on craigslist.com in my state but he wanted $1200 for it. I wouldn't pay $1200 for something that old.

$1200 is cheap! Trashed Fat Cats on fleebay go for $1000 and very good ones for $2000. One recently sold for $2500 but it looked like new. I've been looking for a very good Fat Cat for over a year now, no luck so far.

I thought for sure they were more popular. I know 3 of them within a few miles of me. I know a girl who rides one, one of my friends have one, and my friend/mechanic has the Yamaha one. All of them are running, and they all ride them regularly. They’re actually tons of fun, but they look so stupid in person. The tires are huge, I bet you could throw it in a lake and it would float. I rode it on a motocross track over some of the jumps. I swear, I got more air after I landed and the tires bounced. Definitely a weird feeling riding one. Though, I would never consider actually riding one mudding with, like you’re thinking. There just isn’t any power to pull you out of anything gnarly.

my freind had one of those and a big wheel 350 both where near mint he got darn near $4500 not each for the both of them as a pair the guy that bought them drove 4hrs he really wanted them

My 1986 FatCat needs exhaust,and head light cover,seat anyone have parts? I have looked on ebay any other places?

The dealers couldn't sell the last yamahas they had so my Buddy and his brothers got 3 new yamaha 350s for 3 grand

Back in the mid 70's Suzuki made a similar bike and if I'm not mistaken I think it was called a Rover with a 90cc engine. My friend had one and it was a blast to ride.

When we used to Ride ATC's in the High Desert in Victorville, there were a couple of guys that had fat cats. Really cool bikes, too bad they are no more.

TW's kind of took over for them.