A few ttr125 yz rear conversion updates

• 3 weeks later...

quick question:

why does the front mount as seen in this pic:

1231061509c.jpg

need to be welded solid? I've got things all bolted up and everything seems to move all right without any major hangups. What's the deal, yo?

hmmm . . . welded the sucker solid, but obviously to the wrong part. Now no movement at all. ?

so, I'm gathering that it needs to be welded to the "banana" piece, correct? Unfortunately, I believe that piece is aluminum vs. the steel piece I've been working with.

Please to be explaining to this old fart.

Hey, I have got mine working fine now. I welded that piece up instead of facing down just like the yz. And that keeps it from hanging down in the way. I really need to update the pics when I get a chance. I have a lot more clearer pics coming though. In a week I will be out of school, so check back then.

• 1 month later...

Keep in mind you will need to get a 428 conversion sprocket for your wheel, due to the fact that the ttr125 takes a 428, and the 85 uses a 420. I went with a renthal 50t.

I'm just about to order a rear sprocket and was wondering how you find the 50T ?

We will be running the YZ85 LW 16" rear wheel in the YZ swingarm and it will mainly be WOT on flat terrain.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

M_W

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Hey everyone. I got this updated first thing after school monday, so check it out again. I got new pics, and added a few missing steps in. Still working on the finishing touches though.

Nice work dude.?

? How bout that update!

Just wondering if anyone has a solution for the shock reservoir getting in the way of the airbox boot that connects to the carb.

I gave it a little twist and put the reservoir on the other side. Took a little re-route of the exhaust, but a little pipe wrap keeps it from heating it up. Plus, it's no closer to the reservoir than the exhaust on my KTM.

Sweet. Post up some pics man. Im still working on mine, but i can still ride it right now. Disk brakes work great, and the shock is awesome. Just waiting on yet again some stiffer springs, and a radiator hose to connect the carb to the air box. Still running a pod filter at this point.

• 5 months later...

Well I rode my bike this weekend. SUPER PLUSH. still need to order my new springs and get one of those trick crf450r brake resivors. Got the airbox in, but not hooked up yet. I will be just using some radiator hose from checker auto and fabbing it up. I will also be installing my new black top tripple clamp and Tag fat bars.