A few ttr125 yz rear conversion updates

Is it necessary to weld part of the linkage solid to do this project?

To Rippn450- did you weld your linkage?

Looks like your project is coming along well. I did this mod for my son a few years ago. We ride woods and hare scrambles and its been a great bike for that. The rear shock has been a work in progress as it didn't have enough rebound dampening. here are some pics.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a243/Rippn450/ttrsdeview1.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a243/Rippn450/ttrmastercylinder.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a243/Rippn450/ttrdiscbrake.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a243/Rippn450/ttr125mod.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thats what I thought.

I was actually in the process of fabricating a piece to weld in, when I thought I would give it a try.

Bolted it straight up to the TTR frame and it works.

Bike sits a little higher than it would with the link welded in, but with the front forks fully extended in the trees, it sits level.

Got about 11 inches of travel, and everything works - no problem at all and no bottoming out the rear wheel on the underside of the mud guard as some modders have mentioned.

It may change the shock geometry from that of the TTR, but from the pics and drawings I've seen, it emulates the YZ almost spot on.

nlafond2000,

Very nicely done, appears that you're also using the YZ foot brake which is an improvement over the TTR design. Can you provide a close-up of the "bracket" and any additional info on your design?

nlafond2000,

Very nicely done, appears that you're also using the YZ foot brake which is an improvement over the TTR design. Can you provide a close-up of the "bracket" and any additional info on your design?

Keep in mind that the bike he posted is a TT-R 230... not a TT-R 125. You're dealing with different dimentions between the two bikes...

• 9 months later...

Mustang_Warbird,

I'm getting ready to install the big wheel swingarm and shock assembly and wanted to follow up with you to see if you have any comments or updates to your "non-weld" version as stated in your earlier response.

Any issues with your conversion? Non-weld version meets your expectations?

Fergy

• 2 years later...

I know, 3 years old, but i'm doing this mod right now and there is very little information on the results of the no weld conversion...

Is it possible?

Do you need to re-valve the rear shock?

Any stress on the frame?

Is that the YZ or TTR swingarm?

when fitting the YZ 3 bolt linkage, the triangle one, has a big gap to fill on the TTR frame. Do we just make spacers or am I going down the wrong path?

Thanks

Edited by acerbis24

• 1 month later...

Looks like I'm behind the curve.Just decided to go big on the suspension upgrades.I had BBR springs for years.So Rippin 450,it looks as though you had the most sano shock install.The shock angle looks sooo close to what is in the YZ85.This would allow the shock to function properly for the linkage to provide correct rising rate.I've tried to access your photobucket images and the page won't load...perhaps you could renew them.Racetech will provide springs for up to 185#,Poweroll in Oregon has 160cc high rpm and 170cc stroker torquer builds. Why put all thaat suspension on and leave the motor stock??

• 3 years later...

Mustang_Warbird,

I'm getting ready to install the big wheel swingarm and shock assembly and wanted to follow up with you to see if you have any comments or updates to your "non-weld" version as stated in your earlier response.

Any issues with your conversion? Non-weld version meets your expectations?

Fergy

Did anyone find out how it rode without the welding option?

• 2 years later...