Is there an after market exhaust system for the KLX250 yet?

The can on the new 250's is restrictive in that the plug is not removeable. If you're looking for cheap, get a used stock 300 can and a FSW head pipe. Grinding the weld won't get you the same result as a bigger head pipe.

just search up klx 300 because they use the same exhausts, pro circuit, fmf, big gun, fourstroke works etc. all make silencers for the klx250 or 300

If you buy a complete exhaust for the KLX300, it will fit the 250. However, a slip-on for the KLX300 will NOT fit the KLX250 because the head pipe length is different. Presently there are only two full exhausts that I know of (Muzzy and Big Gun) and three slip-ons (HMF, 2 Bros and FMF Q series).

Now, if you visit Japan, you could get one these freaky exhausts with the long silencer!?

DSCN3202.jpg

DSCN3196.jpg

Hey tremor, you finally got it on... bike looks sweet! That can is really long. looks good though... the blue header adds a nice touch.?

Nope! That's someone else's bike I found on the web and am using for demo purposes. Both of our bikes are black, but mine doesn't have the aftermarket graphics.

Mine pipe is still on order. I'm waiting for the Japanese New Year celebration to get over with. The company won't get back to work until January 9th and and I won't get my pipe until about the 25th at the latest. That's the dealer's conservative estimate because of New Year backlog, so I'm hoping for earlier :confused:

If youre looking for more power swap the header. the stock can is pretty good, quiet, but not restrictive. The header pipe is really the cork.

That's if you have a KLX 300. Compare the openings of stock cans on the KLX250S and KLX300 and you will see that the can is what plugs the 250 the most. I'm not saying that going with a full system wont help, but the primary restriction on the 250S is the silencer/calalytic converter.

That reminds me of when the engineer from HMF -who developed an excellent slip-on for the KLX250- visited this forum and was gang tackled by KLX300 riders when he said the same thing. He definitely got the last word in. The slip-on alone results in a gain of about 2.5HP over stock. The best you can get out of a full system is about 1HP more than that, so you tell me where the restriction is.

You all like to speak as if the KLX300 and 250 are exactly the same bike. They are not. They both have the same diameter of stock head pipe but that's not as much of a problem for the 250 because it moves less air.