Electric Start Removal

No, I'm not joking! I was told that there's a 14# difference between the two. I want the bike because it's a light play bike. By the time I bolt all the protective gear on, it will be closer to 200#, so every bit counts. For me, the bike is too easy to start, so I don't see the point in having an electric start on it. Just because you don't see the point in doing this, doesn't mean that it's a ridiculous question!!!

If its that important, buy an older one without an electric start. I hear you can also remove the kick starter and save an additional one pound and a half. You will just have to push start it from now on.

The e-start button is actually convenient. This is because when or if you sink your bike or for sum reason it the kick start wont work. You just push the e-start button an off you go.:confused: It's one good main advantage feature, so take full advantage of that and use it, its worth it, especially when you've had enough with kicking it too many times and get frusterated, so the e-start is evidently is very handy and useful.?

I can completely understand you wanting to remove the E-Start. If you are anything like me it's all about performance and nothing says girls bike more than having a battery and starter on your pumped up 125. I went through the effort to pull a motor from my wifes 2001 TTR125 and swaped it with my E start from the L. It is a noticiable difference and much cleaner looking, besides she loves having the E start and i love not. To remove the sarter you would need to have a plug machined. There is also a gear behind the flywheel that could be pulled once the starter is removed. I'd imagine any machine shop could fab somthing up perhaps with a O ring to make sure it's sealed. Good luck. Not to sure on the wiring/charging system...

I can completely understand you wanting to remove the E-Start. If you are anything like me it's all about performance and nothing says girls bike more than having a battery and starter on your pumped up 125. I went through the effort to pull a motor from my wifes 2001 TTR125 and swaped it with my E start from the L. It is a noticiable difference and much cleaner looking, besides she loves having the E start and i love not. To remove the sarter you would need to have a plug machined. There is also a gear behind the flywheel that could be pulled once the starter is removed. I'd imagine any machine shop could fab somthing up perhaps with a O ring to make sure it's sealed. Good luck. Not to sure on the wiring/charging system...

Ever since I owned a trials bike, taking off stuff that isn't used is the most important thing on my mods list. I ended up getting a 125L, because it just didn't seem worth the hassle for a few extra goodies. In the end, everything that I liked on the LE would have been replaced with aftermarket parts.

i took the starter and battery off mine and honestly, its not very difficult at all. i personally thought there was a noticable weight difference. but, this is a full-on pitbike. it has every bbr part imaginable, except the frame.

the hardest part is trying to find something to plug the hole in your case with. I used a piece of thick plastic from a kitchen cuttingboard. all it took was to grind it down smooth to fit, and drill a hole in the center in order to bolt it to the inside of your case.

cake.

but, this is a full-on pitbike. it has every bbr part imaginable, except the frame.

I'm sure mine will end up like that in the not-so-distant future. I picked up my frame cradle, chain guide and springs there the other day. I'll be getting more when the budget allows.?

There have been countless races lost because the person didn't have an e-start. Remember Nate Ramsey losing the championship or Bubba doing the same thing or the thousands of local races lost. All new race KTM's have them and pretty soon all race bikes. If you race with your buddies and lay your bike over in a turn, you can get back up and going without valuable seconds lost. Besides, with the extra pounds of an e-start, gives you more to plow into friends and take them out. ?