Sign in to follow this  

Any one from Japan?

Kushitani=good stuff. They are focused mainly on road racing though, what offroad gear are you after? Their U.S. branch in L.A. can't get it?

Yes, you can get them in the USA, but I was told that they are about 20% cheaper over in Japan. To save $150 on a $750 jacket is worth a try.

What Size/Color do you want??? I'm not there anymore but I have friends who are.

Get me in EMAIL or PM is best...

DM

Yes, you can get them in the USA, but I was told that they are about 20% cheaper over in Japan. To save $150 on a $750 jacket is worth a try.

It will probably cost what your trying to save - just to ship it.

I just moved back here from Japan last year. Yosh stuff will be more expensive there as usually is the leathers. Kushitani isn't cheap. I got most of my Japanese stuff shipped from the US because it was cheaper. Stupid? Yes, but the Japanese get fleeced on every kind of price there is. The exception being used cars and bikes. Oh, and Shoei and Arai helmets are cheaper there.

Try www.gaijinriders.com if you dont have any luck. It's a BBS for foreigners riding in Japan. There's a few DRZ owners there, too.

Take in to consideration the US dollar to yen exchange rate, the expensive shipping out of japan, and potential sizing problems ........

The dollar is trading at about 119 today, that explains your 20% difference.

UPS has Yamoto Kyubin (Black Cat "Kuro Nekko)") as their carrier , quite expensive. EMS service via the japan post office is the most in-expensive to ship out of japan, about 5 to 7 days to the USA.

This is the email reply to what I sent the Japan store. He says shipping depends on the weight, 1 kg = 2.2 lb and if the Jackets are 72,450 Y, then that would be about $610. Cheaper than the $750 I have found around here.

That said, if I buy a Jacket, a pair of GoreTex pants and the GoreTex vest, it would pay me to get it from Japan. I'd be saving about $200-$250

Dear Sir

Thank you very much for your orders.

We are very sorry to inform you, but most of your requested items are out of

stock or sold out.

K-0546Z real ride jacket = out of stock

K-0548 complete jacket = out of stock

K-1597 gore wind stp vest = OK

K-1588 gore wind stp inner shirt = OK

K-2547 g tex set up pants = sold out

**for K-2547 this is 2005-6 models. We have 2006-7 models instead.

Reflection lines are silver. So if you are interested.

For the price, it will be exactly same as what you have wrote below.

We have no price in US $. Payment needs to be done in YEN by Credit card.

Plus, shipping fee to USA depends on the weight.

5 kg = 8,200 Yen

10kg = 14,000 Yen

We would like to inform you the exact shipping cost after the final order.

(we need to weigh the order products)

Hoping to hear your reply.

With best regards

Kushitani Co.,Ltd.

Fumiko Okada