XR650R VS Modified Banshee

if that banshee gets goin 100+ and it gets wobble the rider is road kill

saw some idiot kid on a 3 wheeler with NO suspension at all do this in the whoops. had some streeet bike motor swaped into it. did a bunch of summersaults right by the vendors at buttercup dunes. we all :ride: when he got up. but then he was kinda hurt so we got the EMT's to come look at him.

Busted his collarbone, and the bike was toasted

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't underestimate the banshee, modded those things can push 100hp, and Nitrous is not as uncommon as you would think. However, if it is just modded as you described, you should be able to take it, if you can launch yours fairly well. If the dirt is pretty loose, I would opt for a 2nd gear start, but I'm a pretty light dude at ~160lbs.

So how bad did the Banshee beat you? was it even close?
trash talker

I would bet $$$ that that HRC 650r will kill that banshee. If the banshee is how he described in the first post and with equal weight and equal skilled riders. Its called power to weight. The banshee would have to have 74rwhp to have equal hp to weight ratio as the HRC 650r. Not to mention tourque.

trash talker

I would bet $$$ that that HRC 650r will kill that banshee. If the banshee is how he described in the first post and with equal weight and equal skilled riders. Its called power to weight. The banshee would have to have 74rwhp to have equal hp to weight ratio as the HRC 650r. Not to mention tourque.

There is way more involved here: XR65R 8,200 rpm Banshee 10,200rpm Rear wheel horsepower is then same on these two machines tested on a dyno but, when the power comes on and how much of full horsepower across the curve is much different. The Banshee once it's there stays there at full power till 9,800rpm. So, the banshee comes to full power sooner and stays longer. Traction is the other issue. They have 96hp on the dyno banshee's out there!

Sounds like an expensive race. Any results yet? I would have put in the HRC kit and used the stock carb with a 1.5MM overbore and the stock exhaust with a hogged out tip. You would destroy him with your sleeper then tell the guy his 2-smoke banshee couldn't even beat your stock XR650R.

• 1 month later...